*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017810-Avadas-Cove
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2017810
A young girl named Mary discovers a passageway to a place called Avada's Cove.
Mary Zoulox was a pretty young girl. Her father was a king. Her family was royal, and so was she. She was Princess Mary. However, unlike the rich kings and queens in folktales, she had moved out of her rich, expensive kingdom in Natalie Village. Now she lived in a little woodcutter's cottage, and had been forced to wear ripped, torn rags. Now she scrubbed the table, served dinner, and laid out napkins and silverware. She did all the chores that a real princess would dread. Her flowing, lace-covered magenta gown was sold to a store far away in South Egypt. Unfortunately, there were no princes in this new land. And even if there were, they would not love her, but Princess Jemima, a much more beautiful girl down the street. While Princess Jemima flounced about in her different-every-day beautiful gowns, Princess Mary was left serving beans, potatoes, and cakes. They looked scrumptious, but the King ordered that she eat no more than cold, flaky porridge. After the Princess's sister Lisa had been poisoned by separate food, the King had banned the other daughter to eat anything except cold porridge, even though she hated it. "Father," she said one day, "Why is it that you never allow me to explore the outdoors?"
"Terrifying fates await you out there, Mary. It is dangerous," her father replied. "But why?" Mary whined. "Because. According to my royal messenger, griffins roam the land, searching for something to guard. And THEY are dangerous. THEY can kill young girls like you. They are as dangerous as a dragon. In fact, they are the dragon's cousin. They are exactly like their dragon cousins, except for that they do not breathe fire."
© Copyright 2014 Madeline Aldrich (princessmaddie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017810-Avadas-Cove