*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034628-A-Passive-Argument
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #2034628
Micheal has set up a picnic for his wife.
Michael has prepared a picnic for his wife just off the edge of the park, near the old cemetery. He set up a table and two chairs, and he was polite enough to guide his wife into her chair before he sat down.



Michael looked at his wife, as he sat down he had began to talk.



"How was your day" he asked.



She didn't respond, and merely stared forward into nothing.



"Why don't we talk anymore? We used to have great conversations"



She still didn't respond, Merely looking at the ground from her chair.



"Come on,  I know things have been hard between us, but I just want to talk to you."



She still didn't move.



"I haven't heard you talk in forever, Caroline, Just say something. Anything"



She just sat there, seeming as if she hadn't heard anything.



"You must say something! Anything! I just want to hear you speak! "



Yet, she didn't speak, and remained in the same position she had been since the picnic had started.



Michael was suddenly filled with anger. He swept his arm across the table, knocking everything onto the ground.



"Say something!" He very simply commanded.



She said nothing, Refusing to speak



Michael raised his hand and very quickly brought it across Carolines' face, nearly knocking her out of the chair.



"Yell! Scream! Call me all of the things you used to! Tell me I'm not worth anything! Just let me hear you again"



She didn't say anything, and only stayed where she was.



Michael sighed heavily, heartbroken.



"You're not going to talk to me, are you? I guess I knew that, You haven't talked to me since you drove off that cliff."



Michael sighed again, and pulled Caroline out of the chair and back into her coffin. He began shoveling the dirt back into her grave.



"Maybe you'll talk to me next time..."

© Copyright 2015 Plauge_Doctor (sciencenerd11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034628-A-Passive-Argument