*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065981-Hail-the-Mighty-Turtle-Hunter
by QPdoll
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2065981
Daily Flash Fiction attempt: bow, turtle, jar
Shawn sat in the kitchen finishing his breakfast of Captain Crunch cereal. His plans were to go turtle hunting today. He hadn't been out hunting in a long time and since school was out today, he thought it'd be a good idea. So he tied on his sneakers, swung the bow over his back, grabbed his arrows and was out the door in no time.

The sun was shining bright and a nice, warm breeze moved slowly through the trees. There hadn't been any rain lately so the creek wouldn't be too high. The chances of getting a turtle were better because the turtles had to walk farther to get away in the water.

Shawn was supposed to meet his best friend, Paul, at the creek but he wasn't there when Shawn arrived. He removed an arrow and set it, ready to shoot should he see a turtle. He walked in and out around the trees, then finally down near the creek. There! He saw one. He stopped, took aim, and let the arrow fly.

"Yeah," he shouted seeing the arrow land directly in the turtle's head. That's when Paul came out from behind a tree with a string in his hand.

"Paul I got a turtle already!" he was so excited

"No you didn't. You fell into my trap," he said as he pulled the string and the rubber turtle came flying, landing near their feet.

"You little..."

"Don't say it," Paul laughed. "You should have seen your face."

"Not funny."

Paul pulled a jar of crickets from his backpack. "You wanna go fishing?"

"Yeah, I guess I'm done turtle hunting thanks to you."

Paul walked back and grabbed the two fishing poles he'd leaned up against the tree. Together they walked along the creek to their fishing spot.
© Copyright 2015 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065981-Hail-the-Mighty-Turtle-Hunter