*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075332-The-Stood-up-Valentine
Rated: ASR · Other · Relationship · #2075332
Cameron has pushed the limits of Kelly's patience once too often.
Dialogue 500 Contest Entry (February 2016)
362 Words

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*FacePalm*


“Where the hell have you been, Cameron?”

“Pub.”

“I can see and smell that you Wally-Brain. Would you care to know where I’ve been?”

“London; visiting the Queen?”

“No, not London…here! Here all by myself.”

“You should have gone out.”

“We were meant to go out together tonight to a candle lit restaurant, just the two of us, remember?…I’m sick of being stood up.”

“Hey wait on,I think…”

“You promised we’d go out but you stood me up…on Valentines-Day!”

“No I didn’t.”

“I’ve always suspected you cared more about your loser friends than me, and tonight just proved it.”

“Just settle down Kelly.”

“Well you can spend as much time with them as you wish from now on, I’m out of here. We’re through.”

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

“Don’t threaten me you jerk….no flowers or not so much as one heart shaped piece of candy. And to think of all the gifts I bought you over the years.”

“I think you are forgetting something Kelly.”

“The house keys? They’re on the dresser and don’t panic about those credit cards. They’re all in credit and I’ve cut them up with scissors.”

“You’re going to regret doing that.”

“The only thing I regret is agreeing to move in with you…I’ve never really loved you and since we’re breaking up you may as well know I’ve been sleeping with your brother behind your back. Hot passionate sex with a real man for a change.”

“I think you should carefully reconsider Kelly because…”

“Because of that unsigned soppy card I found in the top draw of your dresser reading: “Those Heart-shaped candies are telling you more than just 'Be My Valentine”? It’s almost the same one you gave me on Valentines Day, two years ago.”

“No it’s”

“Because you are going to amend your ways? Ha, a leopard never changes his spots.

“No it’s…”

“I can’t live without you…watch me and weep.”

“No,”

“Because of your celebrity status? Go stick the notoriety.”

“No, something much more important.”

“What…tell me what possible reason I shouldn’t leave you?”

“Today’s the Thirteenth.”

“What?”

“The Thirteenth, Valentine’s Day’s not until tomorrow.”

“Oh…shit!”

“Now who’s the Wally-Brain?”
© Copyright 2016 lezismore-moreislez (peterelbee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075332-The-Stood-up-Valentine