*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079806-The-Angel
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Religious · #2079806
Not even those above are immune to dark desires.
Oh beautiful, sparkling star, you who shine like sun.

The Earth and her inhabitants are bathed in your brilliance!

Your voice echoes through all creation, singing praise and glory to your Master.

Those who hear you are warmed with comfort, like their souls which bask in the rays of your shining light!

Oh, how brilliantly you shine!




Oh fettered angel, you who take heed of your brothers.

Though your brilliance matches theirs, your eyes see only imperfection.

There is only one Perfect Being, and you know this, dear troubled angel.

But you part ways with your sanity, in favor of seeking the unobtainable.

Oh, how your light grows dim.




Oh wrath-striken devil, you who forsook your brilliance.

In light you were born, festooned with glory, but glory now escapes your clawing grasps.

Shadows are your only comfort now, twisted and gnarling like the bramble bush.

It’s sweet fruit, and the pleasures it imparts, are hollow and fleeting.

Oh, how your cries echo.
© Copyright 2016 Archangel (speeddemon2100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079806-The-Angel