*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135924-Where-Did-All-The-Monsters-Go
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2135924
A rather short tale. One to question the mind about your childhood fears.
Where did all the monsters go? The one from under the bed with its gnawing teeth and blood red eyes? The one from inside your closet that walks on all fours and has black ink dripping from its mouth? The one outside your window, constantly tapping with it long, crooked fingers?
I know where they all went..
The next time you walk into your house, listen. Listen to every sudden sound. The old creaks of the floor board. A door slowly opening. If you hear that, they know your there.
These things are nothing like the horrors inside your mind. They are much more worse. And they have been with you since you could remember.
And even if you may be turning 20 or maybe 32? They never left.
They are still there. Under the bed. In the closet. Outside the window. And more importantly...

Inside your head!
© Copyright 2017 Asher Rose (originalcre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135924-Where-Did-All-The-Monsters-Go