*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152842-Modern-technology
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Essay · Technology · #2152842
Advantages and disadvantages of modern technology
The world witnessed growth of technology in recent years of 20th century and, little by little, allowed the access to every sphere of life on earth. Whether we realize it or not, technology has been part of our lives ever since industrial revolution, which took place in 18th century, only now it got modernized. With its advanced tools today, it almost became impossible to imagine life without access to the internet, usage of smartphones, cars, and public transportation, etc. We use technology on a daily basis to satisfy our interests, to accomplish tasks, and also to develop it to even higher degree. Basically, everything evolves around science and technology and taking advantages of it in order to simplify life.

Advantages of modern technology

    *Bullet* Improved health industry
One of the most important aspects of human life is health. In modern world, many hospitals improved ways of helping patients by using modern technology appliances for different kind of surgeries and medical examinations.

    *Bullet* Improved communication
With internet access came social networks, and with social networks came online meetings and chatting with friends and family and an even wider range of people. We became only one click away from someone who lives in a different city and even different country. Messages are delivered within seconds after they are being sent, and with availability of video calls we can see and talk with someone who is miles away as if we are in the same room.

    *Bullet* Improved education
Modern technology grew to the point where it became possible to study online. And not only that, with internet access students are able to scroll through large amounts of different information available online in order to receive better education.

    *Bullet* Improved traveling
Traveling from one place to another is constituent part of everybody's life. The Industrial Period had steam-powered trains as a main transport. In modern world they are replaced with electric cars, airplanes, and public transportation; accessible to everyone at any time and any place.

In modern world it is easy to think about all advantages technology offers because most of it improves our life indeed. But, as much as we enjoy using it, we can't but ask ourselves how good those advantages really are. Here are the reasons why advantages can be seen as disadvantages if we don't use them properly.

Disadvantages of modern technology

    *Bullet* Improved health industry doesn't always improve health
Inventions of different medical appliances push people to sometimes think outside the box. In modern world, many people aren't satisfied with their physical appearance, so they spend a lot of money on different plastic surgeries which are, in most cases, completely unnecessary. Some of those are body implants, changing the eyes’ color with laser surgery, changing the skin color, etc.

    *Bullet* Improved communication leads to feeling of loneliness
While we are able to communicate with people without being in the same room or even in the same country, usage of social networks in most cases leads to feeling of loneliness and isolation. We become more and more addicted to typing messages, having phone calls, than talking to the people face to face. While phone calls have their advantages in business world, they are not always solution when it comes about communicating with our family and friends.

    *Bullet* Improved education also means access to the information we don't always need
While we try to satisfy our hunger and curiosity for learning, sometimes we get access to the information that isn't always relevant. If a person doesn't know how to benefit from the internet, they can easily fall in the net of inappropriate and, in some cases, dangerous content which can be used against them or other people.

    *Bullet* Improved traveling affect our health
It is well known that nature suffers because of different gasses and oils we use in transportation nowadays. While many companies are trying to reduce amount of poisoned waste we put into atmosphere by inventing hybrid cars, people's careless nature can't be improved as easily. We also became too lazy for walking, running, driving bicycles; whose lack of usage affects our health as well.

We lead life full of different possibilities, and with all modern technology we can achieve a lot of things. With all its advantages and disadvantages it is only on us, humans, to make the best out of it, not only for ourselves, but also for the whole mankind.
________________________
Word Count: 727
Written for school assignment
© Copyright 2018 ~Minja~ (minja at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152842-Modern-technology