*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165649-Phase-Conversion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Adult · #2165649
The more that I see, the more that I have come to understand that things have changed.

-Phase Conversion-
by Keaton Foster

*Vignette5* *Vignette5* *Vignette5* *Vignette5* *Vignette5*


Light
Day
Night
Darkness
Feared most
Alone
All life
Without
Is death
Between
Parallel
This divide
Time
Cruel
And kind
We live
As we must
Just enough
No more
Not less
Fate
In control
Blasphemous
Such a role
Challenging
The story
How come
Why must
God above
The devil below
Evil is
As kindness won’t
Finding balance
Loosing footing
Tedious
Is the effort
Constant
Such resistance
Pathological
All inference
Phase conversion
Aesthetic
The allegiance
We all see it
We all know it
Belief
Is not the question
Nor
Is it any answer
One for all
All for none
Dare we say
Vehemently
We must defend
That God above
Could care less
He gave us
What is this
Nothing more
Maybe he regrets
Then again
Maybe for him
Such a thing
Could not exist
We are his
Yet he
Owns us
Least of all
Free
Is the will
Of the living
And the dead
We
You and I
Must own our mistakes
Pay for our sins
As well as
The sins of others
We must survive
Who we are
And what we are
Forgiveness
Such is the illusion
An institution
With no foundation
A method
Of feeling better
When better
Is what we are
Least of all
Phase conversion
From one thing
And person
To all the unseen
And the unknown
With regard
To absolute certainty
And disregarding
Quantifiable questions
Left yet answered…


Phase Conversion
Written by Keaton Foster Copyright © 2008-2018


Synopsis

Your poem delves into existential themes, exploring the dichotomy between light and darkness, life and death, and the complexities of fate and free will. It contemplates the human condition and the struggle to find meaning and balance in a world fraught with uncertainty and contradiction.

Analysis:

Duality of Existence: The poem highlights the dual nature of existence, portraying life as a constant interplay between opposing forces such as light and darkness, day and night. This duality underscores the inherent complexity of the human experience, where joy and sorrow, good and evil coexist.

Existential Questions: It grapples with existential questions surrounding the nature of existence and the role of fate or destiny in shaping our lives. The speaker reflects on the idea of God and the devil, questioning their existence and their influence over human affairs.

Struggle for Balance: There is a sense of struggle and resistance in the poem, as the speaker contends with the challenges of navigating life's uncertainties while striving to maintain a sense of equilibrium. The constant effort to find balance amidst chaos is portrayed as both tedious and essential.

Reflection on Forgiveness: The poem touches on the concept of forgiveness, questioning its validity and efficacy in alleviating guilt or remorse. It suggests that forgiveness may be an illusion or a means of coping with the inherent flaws and mistakes of human nature.

Exploration of Identity: Through phrases like "Phase conversion" and "From one thing and person to all the unseen," the poem suggests a transformation or evolution of identity. It hints at the fluidity of existence and the continuous process of self-discovery and growth.

Interpretation:

Your poem offers a thought-provoking exploration of existential themes, inviting readers to contemplate the complexities of human existence and the search for meaning in a world filled with uncertainty. It raises profound questions about the nature of reality, belief, and the human condition, encouraging introspection and reflection on the fundamental aspects of life and death.




© Copyright 2018 Keaton Foster: Know My Hell! (keatonfoster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165649-Phase-Conversion