*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196813-In-Defence-of-Donald-J-Trump
Rated: 13+ · Article · Political · #2196813
This article is going to be huge! Winner of Sugar Cube Weekly Contest - July 2019
PROMPT: Write a persuasive article on a topic that you have a strong opinion on, But write it from the opposite viewpoint. You can do this any way you like, making it serious, funny, sarcastic, whatever you want! 1000 words Max.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After President George W Bush ended his second term in office, the American public was given a choice. Either they elected a young African American, whom filled his campaign with popular policies, or an old white Right-Wing republican.

The outcome was obvious for two reasons. One, people love the idea of change and the chance to show the world how multi-cultural they are. Two; voting contrary suggests you are a racialist right-wing bigot. Thus Obama was elected and everyone felt good about themselves.

Four years later, the same people voted for the Status Quo. Possibly it was for the same reasons, but it is often easier to stick with an incumbent leader. Then toward the end of this period, a Billionaire by the name of Donald J, Trump threw his hat into the ring. At first, the very idea of him having the cheek to run was laughed at. Little over twelve months later he amassed 62,984,828 votes and was elected the 45th President of the United States of America.

Why, you may well ask, did a country so entrenched in freedom and liberty for all, elect such a man? Unlike Hillary Clinton, he had limited experience in the political scene, and his past was a myriad of exploitation and greed. It is not as though people did not know what they were getting themselves into.

The answer could be attributed to a number of factors, but I think what really sealed the deal, was the fact that the Left demonised his supporters. It is one thing to criticize an opposing party, but its political suicide to accuse your non-supporters as being redneck-bigots.

History has shown Americans not to be cowards, or silenced by any oppressor (no matter how well intentioned). The freedoms for which men and women fought and died are meant to (or at least should) protect an individual’s right to vote or agree with the political affiliation of their choice. In this case, the Left’s demonising was more an aid to Donald Trump’s success, and their loss.

Like it or not, (the Mueller Report notwithstanding) Trump got more votes and became the President. If Hilary had gotten more then she would be flying around in Airforce One. She didn’t, so she isn’t. After eight years of Left wing leadership, people wanted a change (electing her would have extended it to twelve) and it is obvious from Donald’s support, that their views were not being listened to.

There is world-wide objection now to hate speech, which Donald Trump is constantly been accused of. True as this is; let us not forget that he is also the target of the same thing. His name is plastered all over the media and much of what is said about him comes from out-of-context snipes. The consistency of such critiques smacks of left-wing brainwashing.

Donald Trump's young son was caught yawning on camera, during one of Donald’s late-night speeches. This somehow proves that he finds Donald’s rhetoric inane. My God, what was the media thinking? If they believe that taking advantage of a tired little boy, to diminish Trump’s address, they really do deserve their “Looney Left” title

Since gaining office his administration has created four million jobs, manufacturing has been growing at faster rate than the last forty years, African American, Hispanic American and Women’s unemployment reached the lowest figures ever recorded, and the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before, in history.

Don’t get me wrong, there have been many “questionable decisions” made by Donald Trump. What did everyone expect? As previously stated, he has had no real experience with politics, or the diplomatic tact required with negotiations. Of course this would not have been easy for him when he first started out. As a billionaire he would have been used to getting his own way, so he basically came in like a wrecking ball, refusing to listen to reason.

Save his wealth, Donald Trump has been a “little engine that could”. He was a vertial political no-body, that rose to the rank of president in less than two years. He has had to overcome certain difficulties, to articulate his policies to literally tens of thousands of people at rallies; millions on television. He is Rocky Balboa challenging Apollo Creed, David facing down Goliath, and Darryl Kerrigan’s fight against the land developers that wanted to compulsorily acquire his house.

Samwise Gamgee said ““It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something. That there is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” (the two Towers - J.R.R.Tolkein)

Homer Simpson told Bart: “You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” (The Simpsons)

Donald chose Samwise over Homer, and fulfilled his dream.



I look forward to reading your rebuttals.







































© Copyright 2019 lezismore-moreislez (peterelbee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196813-In-Defence-of-Donald-J-Trump