*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2233882-Plot-Premise---Round-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Assignment · Crime/Gangster · #2233882
you've brainstormed the general story idea, let's identify some story elements:
(1) Setting(s). Where does your story take place?
I think it will take place in New Jersey or Atlantic City. I'm not familiar with either but I think it would be nice to research on these locations and do somewhere different than New York, Chicago or Boston.

(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
The main Protagonist is Prudence Sternwood.
(2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)? It has to be Prudence's work life, balance. Prudence is CEO and owner of a financial services firm. She works long hours at least eighty hours a week. Prudence is not in very good physical condition. She is morbidly obese and tires easily from physical exertion .
(2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)? If Prudence is to be the one kidnapped, this could have a series effect on her health and wellbeing. She will be on heavy medication and this will have a baring on her in a hostage situation. If it's not her but her daughter or husband. This too will have a major strain on her. Will she have the energy levels needed to get through it.

(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)?
For Prudence her business is her goal, the kidnapping and ransoming keeps her from this. It puts it at threat in terms of raising the funds or having people manage it instead of her.

Her daughters welfare and ensuring that if she is the one captured that she is released alive and well.

(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)?
The antagonist will be a jealous relative that never liked Prudence. This relative will try and extract as much as possible from Prudence through kidnap and ransom.
© Copyright 2020 amateur40 (amateur40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2233882-Plot-Premise---Round-2