*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2234416-October-challenge-No-7
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Crime/Gangster · #2234416
October Novel Writing Challenge
Where is your story going? Describe the climax, the point at which everything changes and the tension of the primary conflict is finally resolved. Use the ""What If"" brainstorming exercise to create a list of possibilities, remembering to consider the growth of / change in your main character(s) as a result of this event. The climax can be as hidden and seemingly tiny as that moment when your character finally makes that decision they've been dreading or avoiding for fifteen chapters, or it can be as huge and obvious as an exploding planet. Sometimes, the climax is a little hard to pin down. Was it the moment Ender won his game? Or was it the moment he realized the moving images on his screen were not a simulation, not the game he thought it was, and that he had just personally wiped out an entire alien race?

Prudence Sternwoods daughter Arabelle gets kidnapped. The approach to the climax is as follows. Her car is stolen for parts by the gang. It is a luxury vehicle and has sat nav transponders. The police trace it and make an arrest. The police then link this individual to Prudence's cousin Gretchen. This then gives Prudence a panic attack and hospitalises her.

The police then link one of the gang to an employee in Prudence's firm. They put a bug on this persons phone and discover the person is updating the gang cryptically. The Police then move in on the gang and this individual.

Prudence then rings Gretchens sister. Police know Gretchen talks to her daily and requests that Gretchen calls her with a business proposition.

Here Gretchen does that and Prudence warns her that if any harm comes to Arabelle her mother will be kicked off the farm. When money is to be exchanged for the parts for Prudence's car, the police set up a sting and arrest the guy.

They get him to talk. The police then move in on the gang and rescue Arabelle. The story has now reached its climax.

© Copyright 2020 amateur40 (amateur40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2234416-October-challenge-No-7