*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2241731-Basis-for-The-Snotlout-Experience
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Fanfiction · #2241731
The point of the series
The premise of The Snotlout Experience is Hiccup training Snotlout is some of the duties of a chief, so he can further assist Hiccup when Hiccup becomes chief. Hiccup, in return, learns weapons work and combat skills from Spitelout.

The expectation is both boys will grow in skill and get to know and understand each other better. They will also get to know Stoick and Spitelout better, and develop more respect/appreciation for the others. They will grow as a family.

The reason is Hiccup is anxious about Stoick’s growing interest in training Hiccup to become chief. He doesn’t want the job, he’s afraid of screwing up, and he’s trying to avoid the job. He also wants to prove himself to Stoick, again. He also wants to atone for the problems he’s caused in the past, and to demonstrate he’s better now, not a walking disaster. Hiccup wants to branch out, to begin planning for his place as chief. He wants backup from someone who hadn’t dandled Hiccup on his knee. He wants to make his mark in a good way, and persuade the tribe he’s worthwhile as a future chief.

What actually happens is Hiccup and Stoick, Spitelout and Snotlout grow as family. They are not just teaching and learning, they are creating connections that will allow them to work and live together from this time onward.

I need to flesh out this idea and give it direction. I’m going to focus on Young Stoick and the Stand series, which employs a similar premise, and let this percolate more.
© Copyright 2021 Whiskerfaceschoolsout! (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2241731-Basis-for-The-Snotlout-Experience