*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246797-Today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #2246797
Things to be Thankful for
Dear God, Today I Thank You


I thank you for sending your only begotten son to earth. I thank you for having him die to save my life. I know it could not have been easy to watch him suffer such immense pain: mentally physically and emotionally: just to save the souls like mine.
As a parent I can't even imagine the desperate pain it must have been.

I thank you for your amazing all encompassing and unconditional love it must have taken.

I thank you for your forgiveness of my sin. I have fallen so short many times. With your Holy Spirit's help I am becoming a better person but I still am so far from the goal sometimes I struggle to hang on.

Dear God I am so glad that when I have trouble hanging on to the goal, you hold me even tighter so I don't fall away.

Dear God when I am anxious, hurting, tired or falling you let me know you are gently holding me in your arms and covering me from all harm. Thank You.

Dear God when I am angry you remind me of the feelings that Jesus, in his human form must have felt by the way my human ancestors treated him. I begin to think of the forgiveness and humility you gave him. You provided Jesus with the tools to endure these things. He accepted a meek and humble spirit so that he would suffer without evil retaliation. You you gave Your Son forgiveness and grace so that he could go on. You gave Jesus your peace so that he could go on. You taught him your unimaginable love so that he could show it for us as he sacrificed all for our forgiveness and eternal life.

Dear God, Jesus, your son, also did these things so that we could live in heaven for eternity. Jesus in turn gave his life so that we could be adopted as your children and share in all the privileges that it entails. I have never know of anyone who would do such a thing just for me.

My gracious Father in Heaven, I thank you for my earthly dad who possesses the leadership qualities of Christ. You have also, taught and shown through him, the many fruits of your spirit and faith which leads us through the trials and triumphs in this world. He has taught us your ways and through example has shown your great, forgiving, everlasting love. He has shown us the power of prayer and the essence of faith. He has been obedient to you as he taught your children.

My God you have blessed me twice with moms who love you with all their hearts. They have portrayed over and over the woman in Proverbs 31. My moms have shown me your love and protection. They have taught me to pray and what faith is about. They have been warriors and ministered your word in a tired and hurting world.

My Precious Creator, I thank you for my husband. He has worked tirelessly, to use the ability your have given him, to provide for our family. He has put up with each of us, when it definitely hard to put up with, until we came back to back to earth so to speak. With your help he has protected our home day and night from anyone who was a threat. He has loved loved us always.

My Father I thank you for my brothers and sisters, both born and by marriage, you have put in my life. I have learned how precious they are over my years. They have been there whenever I've needed. They have shown me strength and how to care about others.

Dear God, I thank you for my children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. They have allowed me the chance to love and care for others. They have reminded me to look through the eyes of a child and see things I had forgotten as an adult.
Things like trust, dependence on you to meet needs and to stop and smell the roses. They show me that laughter really is good medicine and perseverance is so important and attainable.
Dearest Master and Creator of the universe, my Father in heaven, I thank you for blessing me through the family of people I have been privileged to work with in my lifetime. They have each been a great blessing and inspiration in their own ways. They have taught me how to see life through different eyes. They have given me a greater understanding of varying viewpoints. I have learned the value of hard work for whatever you have been assigned. I have seen what the abundance or lack of grace and forgiveness can do. What acceptance means and how it takes many to make up a successful part in this job of living.

I thank you for my Facebook friends. They have been good company when I haven't realized my need for it.
They have given me a laugh when I need it. They have reminded me what this world is really like and to appreciate my Heavenly home that lays ahead.

I thank you My Father for my church family. Each one, in their own way strengthen my faith in you. They show me how to really get along with others. I see through each of them how you can transform our lives. When I am weak and tired and struggling to continue they show me how always remind me how a shepherd gives his flock care. A shepherd will carry a sheep when it is to weak or hurt to follow the flock. He stops them when they need rest. He finds them green fields and still waters to replenish themselves. Keeps them in his sight and they are found when they stray. He fights away the things which a threat even if he has to give his precious life.

My God, I am so undeserving of such love. I know that. Yet, you love me, forgive me and remind me how much you care for me. You remind me that I am wonderfully created. You help me when I fail.

I thank you God, My Father, My Creator and Master, My Reason for Living. I praise you because only you are worthy. I praise you for knowing even more about me than I know myself and still caring about my life. I thank you for taking care of me and giving me peace when I can't even fathom its depth. I praise you for your awesome almighty power and constant presence with me. And above all I thank you for you loving me even when I forget to love myself.

          Your grateful creation,daughter and princess,
          Just Plain Me



© Copyright 2021 TheRambler (muddbuddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246797-Today