*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249508-Fores---Eyes-of-a-Lizard
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #2249508
A story that was following me for a while now. So i decided to write it here.
Chapter 1: Living Weapon


The air of the wooden floored dojo was constantly filled with slashes and whooshes. With occasional clings of the two viciously fighting lizards.

One of the Substelios, was a female one. She had red/pinkish scales. Had a tall and slender with faint muscles body. Long legs were pillars to her hourglass body. With a thin tail. Between her wide shoulders there were c cup breasts. Neck was long where her triangle shaped head rested. She had long fangs, which she could retract them and came out when stressed. Like today. She had a hood like a cobra. Which also was retractable. It had the same colour with some 2 blue dots on each side and a triangle pattern, giving and impression of a demon while the hood was out. This time she had them retracted probably to reduce the injuries during the fight. She was wearing only a blue loincloth, and a bra covering her assets and armoured grey gloves on her hands. Her blue eyes and slits concentrated on the fight she was performing.

The second lizard was a male. He was as tall as her and a bit more muscular than her. He was wearing a red loincloth on him, which gave good contrast to his blue scales. His muzzle was a bit longer than hers, but with a shorter neck. He had five horns. One on his nose and 2 pair on top of his head. One was directing upward the second lower. Green eyes also with reptile slits.

Their muscles tensed and bounced each time they were clashing. The female one was going for more stylish trickery in her slashes. One of the actions was a wall jump of a pillar and making a downward thrust. Which missed, yet she was not discouraged. For a while she was pressing her attacks. Pushing the male away. The air filled with air slashes. The male was more stoic and in the defensive. Each dangerous attack was dodged or countered. Probably to find and opening to her attacks or just to tire her. Suddenly she spinned herself and delivered a powerful straight kick into his abdomen sending him against the wall. She changed her stance and the grip of her weapon. She went for the thrust. The male did not lose time and threw his dagger up in the air. The female looked up. And got tackled by the male. She got pummelled with a powerful slam to the wooden floors. She got pinned down. Her legs were tied by the male’s tail. Her left arm was under her back, her right hand (, which she was still clutching her weapon) was held horizontal by the male. Making it impossible to do anything with it. She tried to struggle, and she raised her head. That ended in failure, because the male caught up his knife in mid-air and swiftly landed dangerously near her neck. With no option she only hissed

- Finish it fast! End this embarrassment. – The male chuckled in response – Come on say it. – He let loose of her, so she could sit in a more comfortable position.

- Well – the male started – You did manage to get me in the corner, you did keep control not using your powers and did not use magic. So, I saw an improvement.

- Bu~~t – she looked with not impressed face.

- But you need to work on your focus and widen vision. Once that is done you will be a very good Hassasin. – he got up and offered his hand to help her get up.

- So, what now master Gex? A rematch? – Before he could answer however, tremors began shaking the wooden floors. Which amplified in a rhythmic pace. Increasing slightly – oh no.

- I guess that is enough for training – The he saw how her pupil turned invisible to hide from the terror that was coming. – And there goes the control powers.

The terror in a form of another lizard entering the room. She had about 10 meters in height. She had red scales with a purple underbelly. A long thick tail and voluptuous sized breast and hips. She was wearing a light purple dress. Her head had 2 horns with a fin on top of her head going down to her neck. Golden tiara resembling a snake eating his own tail and 3 emerald gems on each side, contrasting to her eyes with the same colour. Everything covered with her long wavy black hair. Each step she took made the floorboards “groan” of her weight. She was not fat but giant with giant assets. She looked around the room.

- Rossa-Luna-Gece! You come out of hiding this instant! – when silence was her only answer of the giant threat, she lifted her leg. Which slammed on the ground. Gex had stand firmly once he saw that rising leg. A not distant “oof” was heard and female known as Rossa reappeared lying on the ground.

- How did you know I was here.

- Instinct. – she smirked - Now stop fooling around and prep yourself for society lesson.

- Why do I have to learn that? – said Rossa getting up and prepping her hood, to be more lady-like. – I am not the heir just a spare.

- Fighting as a Hassasin is not the only weapon of a Hassasin. You still need to learn about our society and city. So, you can work out there more efficiently. Now get dressed and let’s go.

- Better listen to Empress Terra-Ber-Gece –
said Gex – The last thing you want is to anger her, you should know that.

- Ok, I am ready mom - said Rossa.

***


They headed out towards the other end of the mansion. The forbidden mansion (where they lived) was huge. Huge enough to accompany a big royal family. For normal or Rossa size the mansion was huge enough to be a city. It was called forbidden, because only the royal family could live here, and only higher classes had access to. Unless summed by the royalty. Only few of the members, knew how the royal family looks like. That is the higher ups and servs living and serving the royalty. It is kept as a secret mostly because of security measures and giving the divine impression for the lower-class citizens. Usually, the Vessyrs and higher ups were the ones calling the royal decree and new laws to public. The mansion looked like 3 store building with a roof shaped like a pyramid. Dressed in white marble and gold plates. It was towering over the city. The only thing that could match it beauty and immensity was the oasis. A true emerald and pearl of the desert.
So as for the queen it was a walk from one hallway to another for Rossa and other her size it was a 2-block walk. Enough long walk for the Mother and daughter to catch-up.

- You do like training with Master Gex, dear. - The mother started

- He is great teacher, although very strict. Like a father… When he is around.

- Now, now Rossa. You know that your father has gone to diplomatic mission. He is carrying about us by caring the nations interests. He cares about our future. It his way of saying how he loves us. That is why you should learn about economics and politics so…

Their talk was disturbed by a loud smashed sound. The queen and Rossa rushed towards the noise. This scene unfolded, when they arrived: Large stool and a brown lizard on his knees and his muzzle on the ground. Wearing white pieces of cloth. Next to it white shattered pieces of glass and a Another Substelios. A different kind. Wearing short purple sleeve shirt. With no legs, but with a long tail serving as legs. He was very long he was taller than Rossa even if without stretching his whole body. In normal stance Rossa was facing his stomach. Slender arms with some gold rings on each of his finger. With white coloured scales and with red runes on his hood. It was Amir-Ber-Gece. The only heir to the throne. His red eyes were staring sternly at the kneeling lizard.

- No! – yelled the queen which stepped near the pieces of glass. – That was a gift from Lady Desse- Querra! A Crystal glass vase. Made by her best craft-smith’s. I wanted show her during her visit!

- Glad you came mother – said the snake. – I walked as soon as I heard the sound.

- Who did it?! – Hissed the queen.

- The serv, mother.

- You there for this disgrace…

- Wait mother! –
said Rossa - I have a rebuttal for Amir statement. If you look closely…

- No need mother! –
protested the snake with a hence of nervousness – Why would you hear rebuttal of a Female not interested in politics.

- You don’t need to be good in politics to discover mysteries. Bleachy boy.

- Enough! No quarry between our family got it! –
yelled the mother and slammed her thick tail on the ground silencing everyone, she looked at Rossa – Continue.

- Well, if you look closely the serv is not tall. He can barely reach my bust level. And the stool that was the vase place on is higher than my head. So, it is not possible for him to reach the vase even with his arms stretched out.

- Humph. -
grunted Amir - You are forgetting something. He did it unintentionally. He could knock by the leg stool to trip the Vase. I saw how he tipped it over.

- That is also not possible. If we look at the place of the vase, we can see its further from the stool. Showing it was knocked off. If it fell by tripping, it would fall next to it. So, the deduction is that someone knocked it during their sword practise. I won’t say any names *coughAmirakncockeditcough*. Sorry. Dry throat.

- Why won’t you just let the slave take the blame. He admitted it, right? – he unshielded his hood and renew his stare.

- You eagerly blaming the serv like that. Kind of sus. Plus, you said how it happen. Didn’t you say that you just got here?

- Is that true Serv? –
asked Terra - You were forced to take the blame – The serv only nodded his head – Ok you’re free to go back to work. – The serv quickly got up and left. – As for you Amir, I will deal with you after class. Now move! Both of you.

This time the red stern look was concentrated on Rossa. It did not fade even during the lesson.

***

- Why did you bother your nose in. – he whispered – If not for you I would have a clean slate.

- That why is that about?! Throwing the blame on innocent just only to be pure? You are so lame –
she whispered back.

- The serv are doing what they are named of. We are the descendants of the dragons, gods even so we can.

- No, it just…


A loud thud interrupted the whispering argument. The queen tail was the source of the noise. She was towering over both them and spoke.

- I see that you two are bored. Probably you all know today’s lesson. Since you know everything why won’t you – she pointed at Rossa with her sharp claw - tell us the hierarchy of our society from the lowest class.

- Well, there are:
1. Slaves, Servs
2. Peasants
3. Craft-smiths and Shopkeepers
4. Soldiers with Law-Enforcers and Hassasin
5. The Nobility
6. Priest’s and Mages
7. Vessyrs
8. And us. The Royalty.


She Looked up at her mother. She did a motion with her wrist twisting, like saying “go on”. She tried to figure what did she missed. Yet nothing came to her mind.

- Criminals– raised the hand, next to them. It was another Substellio. With black clothes and a set of scarfs around his head with silver ornament. He had purple scales and red eyes – You forgot criminals, sis.

- Very good Xevi. – praised his mother

- Aren’t the criminals outside of hierarchy of class? – asked smaller snake with purple scales, wearing a white dress. Sitting next to her.
The mother continued.

- They are out of their class, but they are still part of the society, by being outside. If they want to get back, they must repay the debt, by hard labour in the lower class or pay enough amount of money for the damage. That way they can go back into our society. Unless they committed a crime that is punished by death. That way they repay the debt but receive no honour afterwards. Like it would matter. – she focused her sight again at Rossa and Amir. – You know something, but you have proven not everything. So please focus on studies and not you’re bickering. You can do that after class, got it. – Rossa understood what her mother meant by that.

***


After class they all will be too busy during the day. In short no time for arguing. The next part of the day was perfecting her magic in geomancy. Magic that can control the elements of earth. Perfecting the wording and usage. These mages were very strict. After that She had some spare time. Which she used by playing with his younger sister. They played Hide and hunt. A version of hide and seek with an element of capturing the ones who hide. A very challenging game considering their house. It had some elements of fun. Rossa needed to blow some steam from the tiresome afternoon. She decided to search in the throne room. The throne room was enormous. It was a big spacious room with a 2 giant gold patterned thrones at the back of it. Rossa was guessing her sister could squeeze behind the thrones or between them. Once she entered, she heard rapid snaps across the throne room.

Near the second entrance There stood a big crocodile. Crocodiles were also a part of the Substelios community. There were big creatures with steel like plate scales. Strong giants. Rossa had a creek in her neck if she wanted to look them in the eye. Usually they were working as guards, soldiers, or gladiators (in some cases peasants). This one was probably a representant form the upper class, guessing from the Armor and weapon he was carrying. Despite his hard scales he had an armoured torso with uncovered shoulders and gold outline. Representing his status as the general. He had also a two-handed axe on his back. A helmet with a feathers tied to his belt. He was a typical representant of his species 3 meters tall, muscular all over covered with green scales. Long muzzle with visible teeth and fangs. His brown eyes were focused on Rossa. When he got Rossa’s attention he said

- Finally, a concubine. Come here. I need some company, while I wait.

Rossa assumed he was a newly promoted general. That don’t know who the Top Lizard was. Plus, no manners, whatsoever. Usually, the lower class had to introduce to the upper, but in this situation Rossa had to do it. Maybe damage that jerk’s ego. Once she got close, she was about to bow and present her full title like her mother taught her. Instead that the Croc grabbed her at her butt and drew neared to his muscled cold like the armour torso. The second hand was caressing her, going under her shirt to grab her chest. Something suddenly snapped in Rossa. She swiftly grabbed his ankle by her tail and shoved him on the ground. Lifting his leg upwards. Plummeting the giant to ground level. Then she unsheathed her dagger and kneeled on his chest. Her dagger was closing dangerously to his eye.

- Rossa! – The thunderous voice of her mother snapped of her out of it. Before she could gather her bearings, she got punched out. She tumbled away, quickly got up and took on a defensive stance with a hiss. The Croc was standing up and let a low growl. Before things escalated to a fight a sudden flash from a lightning bolt appeared between them. They both looked for the source of the lighting. It was the empress. She was holding the extended paw. Sparks were jumping between her fingers’. Some electric charges were touching the ground. She then clenched her hand into a fist which stopped the flow of energy
– Enough. – she said roughly, the Croc immediately bow on his knees. Rossa just stood there lost in thoughts on what just happened. – Explain yourself. Now. – Rossa and the Croc (named Bram-Jak-Mur) said their version of the story. Terra addressed firstly to the young general
– Listen up general, I don’t know what kind of rumours you believed, but the one that this is some “Lust Mansion” is a great disgrace to our hospitality and lifting a finger to my daughter is close to sacrilege. If you have any important information or problems, you can wait for the Vessyr OUTSIDE our mansion. You won’t have the privilege to talk to the embodiment of the gods. Get out. – The general got up and left still bowing hoping to regain some respect.
– Rossa – she got startled a bit – I see that this incident has taken a toll on you. You know what, take free time for the rest of the day. You need it. - Rossa nodded and came back to her play with sister. Thankfully, the empress remembered she was also a mother. A caring one in fact.

***


Rossa was not in the mood for that free time. It was not because the attempted rape on her body. It was the fact what happened afterwards. Somehow, she could not recall what actually happened. She remembered she was defending herself, but it happened so fast. Faster then she could even register. It was like a hazy dream, she knew she did something, but she was unconscious during that. She could even not recall how did she landed on top of the general and drew her dagger to cut through his eye. If not for her mother, it would have ended badly. She finished the game quickly, (Her sister was hiding in the classroom) so she could try to puzzle it out or forget it. She tried distracting herself. Her own paced training and reading not finished criminal book. To no avail the thought just kept returning.

- I am going bananas with this. I need to forget that. What if that would interrupt my training? – she sighted heavily.
She decided to go to the Oasis next to the castle. Maybe fresh air would help her. when she was little, she was waking up at night and sneaking there just to watch the plants bloom in moonlight. That always was a great distraction for her and helped her forget her problems. She had a special spot for that. Next to the water source, surrounded by palm trees. She knew that that water in the Oasis was the one that supported to all homes in the city. While soaking the view, he suddenly heard paw steps and slither sound
– Really now?! - She and turned her invisibility on and hid behind one of the large palms. The steps and slither were drawing closer.

- S-so to res-solve this issue, we will have to pick some of the s-sentries from guard duty to make patrol’s-s – she recognised that lisp everywhere. It was The Vessyr. He was making the slither sounds.

- Maybe the soldiers will stop whining about standing around by going around, hah – that voice was also familiar. It was the general rapist.

- Ok – she thought – that is why the general was in the palace. Even in my solitude I can’t get away from politics, huh.

- S-since we are away from wall’s-s then let’s-s talk about real business-s. I guess-s your father already made you familiar about our s-staging a coup.

- Yeah, but no specifics.

- In due time.

- Really?! –
a low growl escaped from his throat. – I just been kicked out of the royal palace by ONE tiny mistake, which made me wait outside like a peasant! And all of that for just “in due time”!

- S-see for this-s kind of behaviour you ended up here. If you started thinking with your brain and not your loins-s This would not happen. Your fault that you hit on a Cons-struct.

- Construct? –
asked Bram-Jak-Mur

- A what? - Rossa asked in her head

- Magically infused being. An accumulation of genetics-s of our deadliest warriors-s from each of our race. The perfect tool and weapon.

- In short –
said the third voice. The one voice that Rossa was too familiar with – You got lucky you are still alive.

- Mas-ster Gex. Finally honoured us-s with his-s pres-sence.

- You should better check your so-called weapon. It attacked with such cold blood.

- Hmm this is new. Guesses I have to put more effort in training.

- Hope that won’t foil are upcoming plans-s. We need her skills-s.

- Don’t worry, I can reshape her mind to do our biding, like from the beginning. So, when the times comes it will be ready.

They walked further which made their voices distant. She was left alone. Rossa was still leaning on the palm tree, slowly intaking the words she heard. She was “genetically, magically infused” as a Construct. She is meant to be used to someone else’s will. The thing that shattered her broken heart, was the fact that her teacher. Someone who was a father figure, was betraying her from the very beginning and setting her future. What if her mother her whole family knew this and were using her as well? She slowly was sliding of the palm tree and sat on the cold ground. She came here to forget her problems. Instead, she got more. Confused with the thoughts and the things she heard while still sitting there. Still processing all of this.

- So, I was just created to do their thing… I am just an item to use. And I cannot decide on my own? No. No! – the last part came out loud. She punched a nearby flower, to the ground – I won’t let them use me. I am not a weapon or a tool so they can use! I am what I am. A living Substellio! Maybe created, but I’ll show them! I can decide about my own future and life.

With that determination she formed a plan she was about to execute. As soon as night fell and most of the residents were asleep. She got up from bed. Grabbed all the items she needed and Escaped this golden cage. To venture outside. This night was hers a new chapter of her story. A chapter she was about to write with her own hands and free will.

To be continued in...

Chapter 2: Enforcer

Written by Equestor aka Dragonknight.

Thank you for reading :D
© Copyright 2021 Equestor (equestor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249508-Fores---Eyes-of-a-Lizard