*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252916-Apples-and-New-Friends
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2252916
Flash Fiction
Apples and New Friends

Mr. Myers has the best apple tree.

It’s like a picture-perfect tree. It’s small, but perfect. Like somebody painted a picture of an apple tree so it was the exact height and width and perfect size, and had apples everywhere. Plus, each apple is perfect, all are perfectly red, all perfectly round. They are all in perfect little clusters of three or five, and yet not even touching one another, just close enough to be a bunch, but not to bruise. Or so it seemed.

I had to look at it from pretty far away, Mr. Myers didn’t allow anyone near his perfect apple tree. He said he was saving all his apples for the fair.

We were going to the fair and my Mom promised we would go see his apple stand and buy some of his apples after the contest! But then my Grandfather broke his leg and Mom had to go take care of him. Dad has to work Saturday and the sitter will be Janice, and Janice is a pit. I know she won’t take me. She won’t go anywhere. She only wants to watch TV.
So I just thought if I could just get one apple, just one, Mr. Myers wouldn’t notice. I tried to find a rope to pull down a branch, so I could pick one, but I could only find a chain. Then I had to jump a bit because it was heavy and I’m short. I ended up knocking myself in the head with the chain. Mr. Myers found me knocked out under his tree.

So that’s how I ended up at the fair with Mr. Myers. He’s my new babysitter! Plus, I get to eat all the apples I want as soon as the apple contest is over!
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252916-Apples-and-New-Friends