*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302719-Your-time-is-over
by Sumojo
Rated: E · Fiction · Nonsense · #2302719
An argument between a writer and his muse
Words 383

‘It’s useless. I can’t go on’

Did you say something?’

‘Yeah. I said it’s a waste of bloody time.’

‘Whose time are we talking? Cos if you’re hinting that I’m not pulling my weight around here…’

‘Well, yes, I am actually. You’re pathetic. You’ve seen me struggling to write a good ending to this story, but where have you been? I’ll tell you where you’ve been. Missing in action, that’s where.’

’Don’t be such a cry-baby. I’ve been busy thinking about all the other rubbish your mind spews out.’

‘I’m putting you on notice. Call yourself a muse?’

Er, excuse me. Who was it came up with the idea of last month’s Quotation Inspiration entry. A million gift points up for grabs. And what did I receive? Nothing.’

‘Well, that’s because it was crap!’

The ideas were fine; it was your execution, the way you messed it up. I’m looking for someone with a bit of talent to work with in future. Why should I hang around with a hack writer, like you?’

‘Suit yourself. I’m thinking of retiring anyway, so I won’t be needing your services in the future.’

‘You’ve got yourself another muse! Don’t lie to me. I can tell by the way your eyes are flickering.’

‘Not at all, I don’t need a muse, you’re irrelevant these days.’

‘What are you talking about now?’

‘I have only to ask Chatgpt for ideas and she never runs out of them!’

I’m being replaced by a bot?’

‘Fraid so. Look on it as a sign of the times.’

‘I’m mortally offended.’

‘That’s not possible I’m afraid.’

‘How long have you been having this affair with Miss Bot?’

‘For a while. She’s amazing. I think I’m in love.’

‘She’ll turn on you one day. You’ll be sorry you ever relied on her. Your brain will become even a soggier mess than it is now.’

‘Just go away and leave me alone. Betty has just come up with a great idea.’

‘Betty the bot? Okay I’ll leave you to your love affair. Just don’t expect me to come running when she leaves you for another.’

‘She’ll never leave me. She’s mine forever. Bye. Shut the door on your way out.’




‘ AUGUST PROMPT/ You decide to quit writing and your muse freaks out.

© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302719-Your-time-is-over