*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302831-In-His-Time
Rated: E · Prose · Inspirational · #2302831
Thoughts on Meditation
Ten days later the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 42:7



I always pray before I meditate. I pray that I will be open and receptive to the Lord, anticipating His presence. I slowly breathe God “in” and myself “out”. I’ve learned through the years that this is a process that can’t be rushed. I have no worries about being interrupted as I live alone and meditate very early in the morning before “life” happens. I’ve also learned that this is His time, not mine. I give myself completely to Him.


Years ago, when I first began meditating, I expected to “hear” from Him during the meditation session. I would grow frustrated and thought I was “doing it all wrong” if I didn’t receive instant inspiration. Most times I am enlightened during meditation times, but there are times when I’m not. And that’s ok because I always feel His presence. For me, that is more than enough. Other times, I get a sense of direction, but I don’t make the connection until days later when it all comes together and makes sense. God waited ten days to instruct Jeremiah on what his message to Johanan and his men was. The Bible passage tells us Jeremiah promised them that when he heard from the Lord, he would let them know what God’s answer was. That’s anticipation!


God never forgets me. He speaks to me through quiet times, through His Word, through the people He puts in my life and through circumstances...always in His time, not mine.


Father, thank you for showing me how to have beautiful, quiet moments with You. Thank you for teaching me how to reach out to You and breathe in Your love. I worship and praise You in the name of Jesus.

© Copyright 2023 lbidler (lbidler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302831-In-His-Time