*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304469-In-search-of-the-Giant-Turtle
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #2304469
A story written quickly for CRAMP
As legend tells it, a giant turtle lives in that forest.

So we, the Seven Sleuths, being nature lovers, decided to find out. We packed sandwiches and lemonade (being picnic lovers, too!) and set off.

We saw giant birds and giant trees and giant flowers. Everything was giant -- enormous, and very beautiful. We gasped in awe.

When we sat down to our picnic, we found our sandwiches had become giant, too. Each of us could only manage two sandwiches. We kept the rest for later. The bottles of lemonade were now as big as baseball bats, and we drank and drank.

We looked at each other. We were the same size.

We made our way through narow paths and non-paths, under trees and over bushes. Giant butterflies flew by.

Suddenly, in the midst of all the natural stuff, there was something man-made. A sign, in the shape of an arrow, that read GIANT TURTLE.

We quickened our pace.

About 200 metres later, we came to a clearing.

In the clearing was a large cottage. It was obviously a restaurant, or inn, of some sort. And the sign on it said: THE GIANT TURTLE.
© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304469-In-search-of-the-Giant-Turtle