*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304775-Cloudy-Days-of-Memories
Rated: E · Fiction · Supernatural · #2304775
A short story about a delinquent angel, Hisako and the events that follows after that.....
                   
         
Cloudy Days of Memories



Today is a cloudy afternoon. Clouds covering the beautiful and bright sun away from sinners, the feeling here is nostalgic and melancholic, and the wooden house inside a forest, away from cities, gives off a peaceful feeling being here. Hikari is cooking rice with chicken stew. The smell of the food goes even further from the kitchen, going to the living room. Michi is reading a comedy comic just to ease her boredom, since unlike other kids, she doesn't have any modern gadgets to waste her time on. Only a TV, a flip phone and a bunch of other comics Hikari bought for her. As the flavorsome smell slowly enters the living room, Michi smells a whiff from it. It smells wonderful for her, which in turn made her close her comic book and puts it on a table near her. She keeps following it until she enters the kitchen. She sees her master cooking food. Feeling curious, she asks her.

Michi: "Miss Hikari, is that what I'm thinking it is?"
Hikari: "Yes, yes. It's our favorite food, Chicken Stew Rice! Please prepare the plates, cups and forks, okay?"



Michi nods to her. She goes to the right side of the kitchen, where cupboard is located. She opens it to see plates and cups. She takes the three plates from it and goes to the dining table. She puts them on it and then goes back in the kitchen. She goes toward the drawer and opens it. Inside, it has knives, spoons, forks, a shredder and all the kitchen utensils. She takes three spoons from the drawer, then goes to the dining table again to put them on the plates, one by one. After finishing her task, she goes to upstairs of the house to call Hisako. She approaches her room and knocks on the door. But something is off, she doesn't say enter like she would usually do, so Michi knocks harder on the door and begins to call her.

Michi: "Hey! Lunch is prepared, why aren't you responding to me?"



She then decides to grab the doorknob and opens the door with annoyance. Inside Hisako's room, her window is open, letting wind to move the curtains and letting out a dim light outside. She goes further in her room, which she finds a note put on Hisako's bed. She takes it and starts reading, saying...


                                                 Too bad, I've taken this brat of an angel of yours away from you thee. Try to get me.


                              While reading, Michi gets worried, thinking what will happen to Hisako, whether she's safe or not. All in the while, an entity with a blanket silently closes the door. It have a knife on its right hand. It approaches her, raising its hand, ready to kill her. As it comes closer, Michi feels something off, and in a wary state, she slowly turns around. As she finally looks at it, she falls down, with tears on her face and screams like her life depends on it. Then, in a turn of the events, It laughs so hard, it drops the knife which made a squeaky noise. Then the perpetrator exposes itself, showing Hisako herself. She begins to talk at Michi with a mocking tone.


Hisako: "Hahaha! Look at yourself on the mirror. You look like you're gonna cry, hahaha."


Michi gets heated at Hisako for scaring her. What does this brat think she is? She stands up and approaches her with wrath in her eyes. Hisako's over-confident face disappears from her, showing fear in her face. She takes few steps backwards before Michi grabs her left cheek and pinches it hard. Hisako whimpers as Michi pinches her harder, then she decides to talk it out with her.


Hisako: "Ow, ow! Please stop pinching me hard!"
Michi: "Not until you'll finally stop doing those annoying pranks. Until now, I'll pinch you like a squishy toy."
Hisako: "Hey! You're just being cruel!"
Michi: "Bold sayings coming from you, you brat-ish angel."


While Michi keeps on pinching Hisako's cheeks, Hikari is walking upstairs to see who was screaming and to know what's going on. Then, she finds Michi pinching Hisako like a mean bully. She comes towards both of them with a stern look, and starts to speak with them.


Hikari: "Girls, what's all the ruckus?"
Michi: "Well... Let Hisako speak for her crimes..."
Hisako: "*Sigh*, I decided to make a prank at her just for laughs. So, I put a blanket and a toy knife just to scare her, thinking it was a very good idea. I realized now it was the opposite."



Hikari rubs her head with irritation. She then looks sternly at Michi, which startles her and releases Hisako's cheek. Hisako runs away from both of them and goes downstairs to be away from them. All in the while, both Michi and Hikari look silently at each other for 1 minute, until that silence is broken by Hikari.


Hikari: "Michi, I know that she can be difficult, but-"
Michi: "But Miss Hikari, whenever we tell her to behave, she acts even worse than previously. Why do we even have to take care of her?"


Hikari sighs, then she puts both of her hands on Michi's shoulders. She begins to speak with a serious tone.


Hikari: "Does it mean you were any better than her before? No, you weren't. So, let me to teach her humility, while you try your best to be patient with her, okay?"


Michi looks at her master with contempt. She wonders why they have to take care of an angel who can't even behave properly. But with reluctance, she nods to her. Hikari closes her eyes and smiles at her. They both leave the room and walk downstairs to prepare their lunch. They approach to the dining room, but something unexpected happened. The food is fully prepared, giving off a wonderful smell of the chicken stew and apple juice have been poured on the cups. Then, they see Hisako leaving the kitchen. She flies towards them, putting her head low on the ground. She looks at them - Specifically Michi -, showing shame on her face. She begins to speak to her with a penitent tone.


Hisako: "Sorry for making you worried and scared earlier, Michi. I know what I've done made you angry, but please forgive me."


Michi isn't still happy about earlier. She closes her eyes, sighing herself out. Then she responds.

Michi: "I'm not very joyous of what you did, but at least you swallowed your pride and apologized, so it'll be unreasonable to have a grudge against you. Apology accepted."

Upon hearing this, Hisako is over-joyed. She rushes towards Michi and hugs her strongly. Michi yelps, but she's able to sustain the pain and pats her on the head. Hikari can't do anything but look at them and smile. Then Hisako stops hugging Michi. Then, three of them go to the dining table and begin to eat their meal. While Hikari is eating elegantly and Hisako eating down her food like a madwoman, Michi looks at both of them while resting her face on her right hand. Looking at them makes her feel that she's in a family, - Excluding the father -, which made her almost teary-eyed. Hikari takes a hint at Michi and asks her with concern.



Hikari: "Michi, are you okay? You look melancholic..."


Michi gets surprised when she asked her, to which she replies...

Michi: "No, I'm fine."


Hikari looks at her suspiciously, but she shrugs off continue eating. Michi thinks in her mind, that she's blessed with people that she can actually call 'family' and deep down, she'll be forever thankful for it.








The End..


© Copyright 2023 TIMOTIN (timotin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304775-Cloudy-Days-of-Memories