*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310133-Santa-makes-me-cry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #2310133
Do you want to know why Santa makes me cry?
You know that Santa look alike on the 'W'burger commercial? The one in the red flannel shirt. The one eating an ice cream dessert out of a cup with a spoon. The one where the employee approaches and asks if he can sit. The one where the look alike tips his head to the side a bit when the young man sits on his lap. And when the look alike tips his head you can clearly see his eyes behind his glasses. Okay, lets go ahead and call him Santa. That Santa has a white beard and full cheeks. He has a rounded belly and could possibly be 6 foot 4 inches tall. My heart squeezes and I cry a little each time I see him.

My brother looked almost like that before Madam Cancer got hold of him. Scott worked at a 'M'ajor super store chain. During Christmas he worked a cash register in a red Santa hat, red flannel shirt and wore jingle bells on his belt loop. Youngsters would beg Mom to go through his checkout line.

Scott sometimes had a gruff exterior, but always on the inside he had a Santa heart that up until the day he died,
even Madam Cancer couldn't touch.

I miss my baby brother all year long, but especially at Christmas. And that's why Santa makes me cry.


© Copyright 2023 Daizy May (daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310133-Santa-makes-me-cry