*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319494-Forced-to-Marry-a-Notorious-Casanova
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #2319494
Chapter One: BIRTHDAY GIFT
"Miura, we have something for you."

I glanced at Daddy and Mommy, their expressions serious. My party had just ended, and most guests had left. We held it here in our mansion, with classmates and Dad and Mom's business partners attending. Even the De Tomaso family was there, but I hadn't paid them much attention, busy as I was entertaining my classmates. No eighteen roses or candles, just a father-daughter dance and some food.

"Miura, come to my office."

I nodded at Daddy. Tired as I was, I didn't really need any more gifts; they'd already given me almost everything I wanted. I followed them to the office. I'm the only child of the Sevilles, and life could be exhausting.

"Have a seat, dear."

I sat on the sofa beside Mom, facing Daddy, who held a piece of paper.

'What's with their faces? This isn't good news.'

"As your parents, we want to make you happy and content with what you have."

My parents were strict, but I felt their love.

"We've come to an agreement, and we hope you'll be okay with it."

"Dad, what is it?"

He sighed. I glanced at Mom, who smiled at me.

"We've arranged a marriage for you with the De Tomaso family."

'An arranged marriage? Me? With the De Tomasos?!'

My eyes widened. I stood up and turned away. This was another business move, and I didn't want any part of it.

"Miura Shelby, stop right there, young lady."

I faced Daddy and Mommy, forcing a smile.

"Dad, you're the one who taught me to behave like a lady. But why this?"

"Miura, we need the next heir of the company. And since you're our only daughter, you need a husband."

I chuckled bitterly. Heir?

"Mom, Dad, we'll get there eventually, but now? Immediately? And with the De Tomasos? Christopher? Richard? Erick---"

"Joel. You'll marry Joel Aronde."

'Joel Aronde, the Notorious Casanova. Seriously?!'

"Dad, Joel is the worst of them all! A playboy! And you want me to marry him? Oh my God!"

"Watch your words, young lady!"

Tears started forming. I hated this. I hated it!

"Dad, please. I don't want this. Please, Dad, Mom. You know what kind of person he is. I don't want this."

Tears ran down my face, ruining my makeup.

"They chose Joel because of his attitude, and he needs to change. And you'll teach him."

I shook my head.

"Dad, I'm only eighteen, Joel is twenty-five. Why should I teach him? He's beyond help."

"Whether you like it or not, Miura, you'll marry Joel Aronde de Tomaso as soon as possible."

No. I refused.

I turned away, not bothering to wipe my face. I hated them! I opened the door and saw Joel, with his poker face. He was still in a suit, looking at me.

"Why is he here?"

"Oh Joel, perfect timing. Your things are ready in the room. I'll just have them taken to your car. Miura, get yourself together."

My things? No!

I tried to leave, but Joel grabbed my arm.

"Your father's still talking. Don't be rude."

I shook off his hand, giving him a dirty look.

"Hello, Mr. De Tomaso. I bet you're against this marriage too, right? Tell my Dad you don't want this. Marrying me might ruin your happiness."

He smirked, disgusting.

"Don't worry, I promised them to take care of you. And---I'm willing to change."

I scoffed. What a joke.

"Mom, please. I don't want this."

Mom pushed away my hand.

"Miura, this is the best way."

"Mom, why do I have to go with him? The wedding hasn't happened yet."

"You're getting married anyway. It's better if you get along. So when you're married, you won't have a hard time."

Useless. I can't do anything if they've decided.

I shrugged in resignation.

"Fine."

They put my things in Joel's car. I was supposed to stay at their house for now, then move to his condo.

"Take care, both of you."

"We're leaving now, Aunt, Uncle."

"Just call us Mommy and Daddy, Joel."

He smiled, and I rolled my eyes.

We got into the car, ignoring my parents. This was the most useless thing they'd done to me. Before, it was okay. Going on dinner dates with the children of their business partners was fine. But this? This was the worst. I didn't want to marry this playboy. Nope. Never.

He started driving, and I sighed. I felt his hand holding mine, so I looked at him. He was smiling. I quickly took my hand back, giving him a dirty look.

"You're in for a tough time, jerk."

"Wow, I like it. Violent."

I just smirked. Joel wasn't a stranger. He was my friend. Just one of my friends. I knew what he was like, and I really didn't like him. I might even get AIDS from him. Gross.

He was famous among girls. Tan, tall, with a prominent nose and tantalizing eyes. They had Spanish blood, so he had good genes, but his attitude... He was famous for being a dangerous playboy. How many girls had he made cry because of his flings?

"I don't want to marry you, Aronde."

"Why?"

His calm and warm voice echoed in my ears.

"Are you asking me? Just our age difference is already huge. Imagine, eighteen and twenty-five?"

"So what? You'll just get pregnant anyway."

My eyes widened.

"Are you crazy?!"

"That's where it's heading, Shelby. Do you think everything will be okay if we get married? For sure, they'll ask for a grandchild. Are you dumb or what?"

"Look, Aronde, I really don't want you. First of all, what are you? Secondly, I'm not attracted to you, and thirdly, I have a boyfriend."

"First, what am I? I'm a De Tomaso, what I want, I get. Secondly, I'll make you fall for me. Thirdly, don't let me get close to your boyfriend or I might do something to him."

"Oh, wow. You're unbelievable. As if. You could've said no to this marriage, Joel. We're both losing our happiness."

"No. You'll marry me, Miura Shelby Seville, end of conversation. And before I forget, Happy Eighteenth Birthday, Future Wife."

"Worst birthday gift ever."






{/left}
© Copyright 2024 Erica Que (ericajay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319494-Forced-to-Marry-a-Notorious-Casanova