*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320009-That-Night
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2320009
Flash Fiction
That Night

“I’m going to be a star!” Janice said, twirling around in joy!

Janice had waited so long to be discovered, she had always known she would be an actress, well, since she was old enough to know what an actress was. She actually remembered the day she found out those stories on TV were told with actors playing the parts. It was amazing! After that, it was all she wanted to do.

Now she was getting her first big chance! It was time for the world to see her coming! Giggling at the thought, she rechecked her make-up for the eighteenth time.

“Time to go!” came her mother’s voice. Mom was driving her. Janice felt like a bird finally being able to fly. She was still a little nervous, of course all real actors are. Mom said she could get her there at her required time, and still have plenty of time to go park the car, and find a perfect seat. Mom was planning on filming the entire show! Feeling like a queen, as Mom opened the car door and carried all her stuff up for her, all the people outside clapped, actually yelling her name and waving!


The excitement inside, with all the other actors, was intense, but Janice knew it would be. She did her part, being ready, helping other actors who needed a hand, or were very nervous… Janice was on top of the world! This was her destiny!

The show was a huge success! All the actors came on stage, holding hands while the entire audience stood up to applaud. It was an amazing night.

Falling asleep was hard, Janice kept going over every detail of the night, knowing it will definitely get better and better! After all, she was only in the second grade.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320009-That-Night