*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320120-Manjummel-Boys-A-Never-Say-Die-Saga
Rated: E · Review · Biographical · #2320120
This is a review of the recently released Malayalam movie 'Manjummel Boys'.
Based on a true story, Manjummel Boys portrays the daring rescue of Subhash, a youngster from Manjummel in Kerala, who slips into a hole in the Guna Caves near Kodaikanal. He is part of a group of friends on holiday during the Onam recess.

As the movie unfolds, one cannot help but be drawn into the group of friends, initially judged for their childishness. Their unconventional behaviour is a testament to their unwavering loyalty towards each other, a theme that resonates and evokes a sense of camaraderie in the audience.

Childhood and youth are unique. They are periods when the heart is pure, and everything looks possible. The lust for adventure overpowers the wisdom of caution. Manjummel Boys accurately depicts these nuances, forcing you to grow fond of the boys.

The cinematography stands out for its sharpness and accurate framing of shots. Given the precarious geography of the Guna caves, Director Chidambaram deserves applause for realistically recreating the insides of the caves.

Manjummel Boys is also a sad commentary on the police's ineptitude and incompetence, compelling the audience to curse their lackadaisical attitude.

Manjummel Boys' most significant achievement is its showcasing of the triumph of the human spirit against all odds. In this context, I remember a common saying, "Tough times do not last. Tough men do".
© Copyright 2024 Kanishka (readkanishka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320120-Manjummel-Boys-A-Never-Say-Die-Saga