*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320157-Lights-Out
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Community · #2320157
Flash Fiction entry
The three girls on the floor stopped playing their card game and looked up at each other. Each of their expressions was covered by the darkness that just entered the room. "It's the boys. They're playing a trick on us. I told Brett about our sleepover, tonight." Carly guided the other two girls toward the laundry room and to the main power box. Carly gave her phone two quick shakes and the phone's light lit up the small room. She pushed up on the lever and the panel door swung open revealing the little black switches stacked on top of one another. Carly moved her phone up and down and around the boxes looking for a lever pushed to "off."
Carly whispered to the other girls, "All of them are on."
Myra, who was standing by the window, spoke up. "Um, Carly, the house next door is dark, too!"
Carly spoke into her phone. "Siri, dial the number to Greenland Electric." Siri did what she was told and an answering service started with its first set of instructions. After navigating an inhumane amount of steps, Carly was finally greeted by a woman's voice.
"This is Greenland Electric, how may I help you?"
"Yes, I would like to report a power outage at 212 Garden Road, please.
"To which the lady replied, "Yes, we are aware of the issue and our workers have been dispatched to that area."
© Copyright 2024 TheLoneWriter (writeredout at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320157-Lights-Out