*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320516-Glamorous-Gala
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by KS23
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2320516
Disaster strikes in a most unexpected way.
In the heart of the city, a glamorous gala was taking place at the prestigious Grand Ballroom. Wealthy socialites and high-profile personalities mingled amidst the glitz and glamour of the fabulous decor, sipping champagne and exchanging air kisses with practiced finesse.

Among the attendees was Max Sorreson, a charming, but a bit off center, yet incredibly successful entrepreneur with a penchant for inadvertently creating the most awkward situations. As he danced around within the sea of tuxedos and formal wear, disaster struck in the most unexpected of ways.

In a moment of misguided enthusiasm, Max attempted a daring spin move, sending his full champagne flute through the air like a wayward comet. It splashed its contents over the expensive gown of Marjorie Templeton, the Mayor’s thoroughly humorless wife, before landing with a resounding crash on the immaculate marble floor.

The room fell silent. “Who is going to clean this up?” screamed Mrs. Templeton, indicating her dress and jewelry.

At that moment, the gala’s hostess rushed up. Jennifer Torbin was the fun loving daughter of the city’s wealthiest citizens. Draping her arm across Max’s shoulder she said, “Now Margie, please calm down. This was just an innocent accident. I’m sure Max will pay for the dress.”

Mrs. Templeton glowered, then stepped to her right, lifted an uncut cherry pie from a table and hurled it at Max. But the Mayor’s wife’s aim was off and instead the pastry hit Jennifer square in the face. Suddenly Jennifer smiled, found a large blueberry tart and threw it, spattering Mrs. Templeton’s chest, as well as all those near her.

In seconds, a wild, full fledged laugh-filled food fight broke out like nothing seen before in the Grand Ballroom.

The next morning, everybody agreed it was the best gala ever.
© Copyright 2024 KS23 (kellyspring23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320516-Glamorous-Gala