*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320522-Kitchen-Mess
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2320522
Daily Flash Fiction - 5/20/24 - W/C 259


A large pile of goo stopped Louise from entering the kitchen. Its green shade shimmered in the afternoon sun that was streaming through the west window.

“Who is going to clean this up?” She shouted to the upstairs occupants.

“I didn’t do it,” yelled John.

Colt shouted, “It wasn’t me.”

Louise turned to go upstairs as Merry bumped into her.

“Did you leave this mess, Merry?”

“Um, well, I was just in the basement trying to find some rags. It left a bigger mess than I expected.”

Louise grabbed Merry. “Are you okay? Did you touch it?”

“Geez, mom! I’m fine, I followed the rules. No, I didn’t touch it. It followed me to the kitchen, then I got it trapped in here. Easy peasy.”

“Easy peasy my left foot. There are rules, yes. And one of the rules is that you never touch a giant green glowing nine foot alien lurking in our kitchen!”

“Yeah, whatever,” Merry whispered.

“What’s that?’

“Well, I mean, it was going to eat the Doritos! So I bopped it with an open can of bean dip.”

“Seriously?”

“Yep, bean dip. Got it with the bean dip. Right in that middle eye. Heck of a deal. Maybe they don’t have bean dip on that galaxy so it’s allergic or something. Do I need to recycle that can?” asked Merry. “Because if I have to, someone else is gonna have to fish it out.”

Louise tried not to laugh as she turned to the broom closet. “We’re going to need a lot of garbage bags.”

W/C 259

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320522-Kitchen-Mess