*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320580-Second-Hand
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2320580
Flash Fiction
Second Hand

“Hello, is this Mrs. Dubee, Mrs. Andrea Dubee?”

“That depends…”

“On what?

“Are you trying to sell me something?”

“Oh, dear no!”

“OK, what can I do for you?”

“I just wanted to make you aware of some of the free things you can get by living on Green Street!”

“Free, just because I live on Green Street?”

“Yes Mam! I am authorized to give you, free of charge, an estimate on all the work that could be done at your house by our wonderful yard and garden people.”

“Well, unless it’s free, I don’t think I want to know.”

“Well, yes, some things cost, but the workers are so wonderful and neat and fast, we could make your yard look brand new in less than one day!”

“At what price?”

“My director would need to see your yard more closely to say, but it would definitely be a wonderful bargain! You would be the envy of your whole neighborhood!”

“My whole neighborhood? Aren’t the rest of my neighbors getting this deal?”

“Well, yes of course, if they choose to!”

“You know, I think I’ll wait till they do their yards and see what I think.”

“But…”

“Oh, and by the way, I’m the babysitter, Mrs. Dubee is at work.”

Click…

Susan laughed, finished filling her bag with more sellable items from the house, and snuck out the back door just as she heard the real Mrs. Dubee pull into the garage.

“That was kind of fun!” she said to herself, as she headed off to the second hand store.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320580-Second-Hand