*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320927-The-others
by Ayla
Rated: E · Monologue · Psychology · #2320927
Reflective writing about the world

Why are there so many different types of people in the world? After years of learning about myself and others, I still struggle with the simple fact that everyone is different. I know it sounds obvious, something everyone understands, but it's difficult for me to grasp that other people's minds work differently.

It makes sense, right? Our brains function in a specific way, and trying to fully understand someone else's thought process can be challenging because our minds don't operate like theirs. Of course, we have empathy and mirror neurons that allow us to put ourselves in others' shoes, but that experience is fleeting. We quickly return to our own mindset, continuing to be ourselves.

How is that possible? I wondered about this today because I sometimes struggle to understand myself, and understanding others is even more challenging.
© Copyright 2024 Ayla (aftermid9ht at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320927-The-others