*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321088-The-Department-of-Anomalous-Phenomenon
by Tucker
Rated: E · Fiction · Military · #2321088
This is a world-building/lore entry for a series of stories I am creating.
Brief Description:In a world almost entirely identical to our own, there exists an organization tasked with a covert objective. This organization is the Department of Anomalous Phenomenon or DAP. Their mission is to uphold world order and society by discovering, identifying, securing, and, if need be, eliminating anomalous beings and phenomena. The DAP headquarters is located on the west side of Greenland, roughly 300 miles north of the city of Nuugatsiaq. DAP operations are not hindered by national borders or territory, they act in secret regardless of permission or knowledge from the governing body of the region.

DAP Members:The nations that are associated with the DAP come in two forms, active member nations and observer nations. The active member nations are deeply involved in the affairs of the DAP. This includes the contribution of personnel, equipment, and military assets to the DAP as well as voting on resolutions. The less involved nations are known as the observer nations. They contribute marginal amounts of personnel and equipment and have less influence in resolutions. Their primary purpose is to share information on potential incidents in their respective regions and to ensure there is an effective line of communication between a given nation and the DAP. Most observer nations are not active members for a multitude of reasons that can include things such as poor economy or external geo-political concerns that divert resources. Currently, there are ten active member nations and twenty-two observer nations that comprise the DAP.

Origins of the DAP:The DAP was formed in the year 1919, just after the conclusion of the First World War. The organization was founded by four nations, those being the United States of America, Great Britain, France, and Italy. After centuries of stories and reports of cryptids, monsters, and strange happenings, these nations formed the DAP to investigate these reports to see if they had any merit. It was discovered by the DAP that many of these supposed legends and myths had been more real than anyone could have predicted.

Structure of the DAP:The DAP consists of - divisions, each with its own specified task. These include the research division, the political division, and the field investigation division. The research division is tasked with gaining insight into the phenomenon and anomalies encountered and studied by the DAP, as well as developing new equipment and technology. The political division is dedicated to resolving issues and decisions, with representatives from each of the member nations. Observer states have fewer representatives as a result of their distanced participation. Finally, there is the field investigation division. Their assignment is to investigate reported anomalies and to address the situation appropriately. The field investigation division is the armed force of the DAP and handles all combat operations.


© Copyright 2024 Tucker (tuckm1101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321088-The-Department-of-Anomalous-Phenomenon