*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321113-Belfry-Loses-His-Cool
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Roy
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2321113
A draft synopsis of the next installment of what I'm calling the Meadow Stories

In the heart of Towering Oaks lies Buttenhauser's Meadow, where Belfry reigns as the coolest bat in the forest. Every evening, Belfry dazzles onlookers gathered at the old story tree with his aerial stunts and spectacular landings, which always include a wink from behind his stylish moon glasses. Things take an unexpected turn one evening when Belfry loses his signature shades while attempting a daring new trick, sending him on what would become a journey of self-discovery.

His quest begins in Buttenhauser's Meadow. But when Belfry is misled by a jealous rival named Raif, the search for his missing glasses takes him deep into Towering Oaks. The familiar forest soon becomes a maze of uncertainty. With each passing day, his desperation grows as his moon glasses remain elusive and Belfry's confidence wanes.

Along the way, Belfry meets the whip-poor-will twins Whisperwing and Willow, who try to convince him that coolness isn't about flashy glasses or crazy stunts, but about being yourself. Belfry continues to struggle however, as he returns home at a low point from which he's unable to face his friends without his beloved moon glasses.

Belfry is then given a flash of insight from an unexpected source. His younger brother Basil reminds Belfry of how he came to look up to him when Belfry helped him learn to land. Belfry works up the confidence to return to Buttenhauser's Meadow. He's surprised to find Raif wearing his moon glasses and performing flying stunts in an attempt to gain Belfry-like popularity.

A dramatic showdown ensues as Belfry and Raif battle for the prized status symbol, which for the two combatants, was essential to identity and acceptance. In blind anger, Raif's recklessness nearly gets him hurt, but Belfry's act of rescue transforms their rivalry into friendship.

Raif apologizes and Belfry forgives him. Unfortunately, the glasses were lost again during the fight. They were saved however caught mid-air by Ollie Owl. As Ollie attempts to return them to their rightful owner, Belfry realizes that it was never about finding his shades, but about discovering his own worth.

With newfound confidence, Belfry lets Ollie keep the once-prized possession. The forest cheers as Belfry and Raif bury their differences. Belfry's epiphany echoes throughout Towering Oaks, showing everyone that true cool comes from authenticity and kindness, and forever changing what coolness really means.

© Copyright 2024 Roy (wilroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321113-Belfry-Loses-His-Cool