*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321127-WHO-ARE-YOU-Episode-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Serial · Mystery · #2321127
A Visitor in the Dark Night...
INTRUDER IN THE DARKNESS...

I felt guilty. I started to blame myself for whatever happened. The tears inside me slowly started to build up.

"Mom, I love you and I miss you so much!"

As I said this, tears started to roll down my face and made my pillows wet. I wept so much that my nose started running.

"Mom... can you hear me? How can you abandon a 7-year-old? Don’t you know that I needed you the most? Come back, Mom..." I said.

Suddenly, the windows started blowing in and out. I got up, wiping my tears away. The wind was moving so fast that it made my windows flutter. Slowly, it started to rain. I then remembered that I had forgotten to close them since the morning. I got off the bed and tried to close the windows, but the wind was so strong that it blew them open. I put in some effort, and finally, I was able to close the windows and went back to bed.

I pulled the sheets up and tightly closed my eyes to fall asleep. Suddenly, the windows started to blow open again. I was frightened this time. I knew I had closed the windows, but what happened? This time, I felt strange. I didn't want to step outside my blanket.

"If you get frightened over a window, how will you protect your family?" my inner voice said.

Maybe I didn’t shut them properly. I blew out the air inside me, gathered all my courage, and got off my bed.

As I tried to shut the windows, a strange creature rushed inside. I rushed to turn on the lights to see what it was.

It was a bird, soaked wet, and it fell on the ground. I slowly went near, got down on my knees to see the bird. It had long legs and a sharp beak. I had never seen such a bird before. It was vocalizing in distress. I observed that it couldn’t stand and was in pain.

I thought of taking it to my father, but it was late at night. I didn’t want to disturb him.

Suddenly, an idea flashed in my mind. I stood up and started searching for empty cardboard boxes. I searched every corner of my room. My mom always keeps my room neat and tidy, maybe that's the reason I couldn't find any. I rushed towards the storeroom, believing that there would definitely be some there.

I opened the door. The room was filled with seasonal decorations that my father brought, out-of-season clothing that my mom packed well for colder or warmer weather, my hobby supplies, tools and equipment that my grandfather uses whenever necessary, a few packaged boxes kept on the roof... and I couldn’t find any cardboard boxes. But my plan changed as I saw the boxes on the roof. I couldn't reach the roof, but thanks to my papu, I found a ladder placed among the tools and equipment. I pushed the ladder toward the roof and started climbing to reach the boxes.

The roof had a good area where I fitted easily. I started to unpack one of the boxes. As I did, I found a green book that seemed old. It even had a lock on it. Nothing was written on the cover. I got curious about the book and why it had a lock. I started to empty the contents to search for the key, but I couldn’t find it inside. I wanted to search other places for the key, but the bird needed me now. So, I took the book and the empty box, got down the ladder, and went to my room. The bird was still on the floor. Seeing me, it started making sounds. I kept the secret book under my pillow, then placed the empty box next to my bed. I dropped some blankets inside it and went to the bird.

"Hello, Mr. Birdie. I’m Matthew. Sorry I couldn’t introduce myself properly at the beginning because I was frightened by the way you rushed inside my room. Well, don’t worry. I’m here to help you. Don’t bite me, I will not harm you. I will just wrap this towel around you because you are wet." Saying this, I started to wrap the towel and slowly lifted the bird up and placed it inside the box.

"Thanks for believing me, my friend. This is your place for tonight. I’m here to accompany you. Goodnight, buddy," I said.

I turned off the lights and got onto my bed.

"I need to search for the key tomorrow!" i said and closed my eyes.

I fell asleep soon after I closed my eyes.
© Copyright 2024 Hershey (harshitha730 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321127-WHO-ARE-YOU-Episode-3