*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321129-RoundTable-Purpose-Tab
Rated: E · Article · Writing · #2321129
RoundTable Purpose Tab

The primary purpose of this forum is to provide a roundtable for members to exchange peer-to-peer reviews of short fiction.

Generally, short fiction is anything less than 20,000 words. In case you're interested, the usual categories, in ascending order of word count, are
*Bulletv* Drabble--up to 100 words
*Bulletv* Flash fiction--up to 1000 words
*Bulletv* Short Story--upt to 10,000 words
*Bulletv* Novelette--up to 20,000 words
*Bulletv* Novella--up to 50,000 words
*Bulletv* Novel--longer than 50,000 words.

These word counts aren't set in stone, nor are the categories. We've omitted "dribbles" and "sudden fiction," for example, two sub-categories of flash fiction.

In any case, if you've got a novella or novel, it's a much bigger committment for reviewers and you should instead consider the "Crosstimbers Novel Workshop Application.

This roundtable is for engaging in a continuing exchange of short fiction items and reviews. If you're interested in getting a one-shot review of a single story, consider instead the "Crosstimbers Review Forum.

But if you're interested in both getting and giving feedback on short fiction on a recurring basis, this is right place for you.

If you're interested in eventually publishing your story, be sure to protect it with a passkey. For more information, check the informmation under the button Copyright and Passkeys.

© Copyright 2024 Max Griffin πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ (mathguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321129-RoundTable-Purpose-Tab