*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321162-Banking-on-Saturday
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2321162
Flash Fiction
Banking on Saturday

Standing in line at the bank. Normally I was in and out, but being retired, I usually go on weekdays, during quiet hours. Today was Saturday, the bank only open till noon, every teller had a line. Kicking myself for not going Friday, I waited. I needed some cash.

The woman in front of me was as big as a horse. I laughed at my thought, a horse? It’s not like she had four legs. She did have quite the hair, it was tied in a pony taiI! Guess that’s where the horse thought came from.

Now, perusing the rest of the people just to kill time, I noticed one guy who seemed very nervous. Maybe he wasn’t sure he had enough in his account for whatever he needed it for. Being nosey, and him in the next line, and ahead of me, I started watching him.

He finally got to the teller, and leaned over, I supposed to keep his business from the other people. But the look on the teller’s face, as he spoke to her, said there was more. She turned a bit pale, and started pulling stuff out from under the counter. I immediately thought bank robbery!

Without thinking I took my handbag and smacked the guy right in the back of his head! He went flying, landing on the floor as everyone around screamed! And, looked at me!

“I think that guy was robbing the bank!!” I said, as someone grabbed hold of my arm.

As it turned out, he’d had a bloody nose. When the teller got him, she started desperately grabbing for tissues to help him, and to keep the blood off all her counter stuff… oops.

Well, it certainly made for a interesting Saturday for me!
I just might try it again!
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321162-Banking-on-Saturday