*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321193-The-Gentle-Giants-Love
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #2321193
In loving memory of my grandfather.
Once there was a little girl with a cheerful personality and a big imagination. She lived in a small town bursting with life and ordinary serenity, at least according to her. She was loud, joyful, and eager to share the creative figments her mind conjured up. The girl had a lot of love from family and friends, but there was one person whose big heart held so much love for her. This person was a loving, gentle giant. The giant was a hard worker who gave many years of service to the village. He had a strong spirit as well as muscles. He was a warmhearted fellow who was always there for his loved ones. The giant had known the little girl since the day she was born, the one to hold her gently in his massive hands after her parents. The giant loved the girl very much, and the girl loved the giant as well. The little girl loved spending time at the giant's place. She would sit on his lap, chirping about what came into her mind, little things like what she did that day and about what she enjoyed. The giant would listen with an attentive ear, relishing the moments he got to spend with his beloved little girl. The giant would ensure the little girl knew she was loved, especially by him. The little girl knew that the giant loved her with all his heart, whether through words or actions. Years passed, and the girl grew into a young woman. As life went on, the visits to the giant became less frequent. Just as the young woman grew older, so did the giant. Though he became grayer, his loving heart never ceased. All the love he had for her never faded. As if love could ever fade from him. One day, the giant fell ill. He could no longer do the work he was so proud of. His once powerful muscles could no longer give strength. The doctors of the village gave him the best care, but slowly and surely, the loving giant was fading away. The woman visited the giant with her father nearly every day, sitting beside him and letting him know that they loved him. One faithful night, the giant passed away peacefully in his sleep. The news of his death devastated the village, especially the young woman. The sweet, loving soul she had known since infancy was gone. She wept with as much sorrow as in her heart. She thought back to every wonderful memory she had with the giant. From having breakfast in the grassy meadows, to talking with him about events that happened in her life. All the times he said 'I love you' to her. His gentle hugs and his jolly laugh. The giant would forever be remembered by the village, by the people who loved him with all their hearts, and most of all, by the little girl.
© Copyright 2024 Cyra Knightly (moonquill20 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321193-The-Gentle-Giants-Love