*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321351-Life-is-Good
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2321351
Flash Fiction
Life is Good

Planning to clean the house, again. How can two small children do so much damage to the cleanliness of a house in such a short time? OK, two small and one huge. I do tend to get involved in their play. My husband swears I actually turn into a kid. I’m afraid I tend not to notice how messy things are getting till the kids go off to nap, or bed, and I suddenly find myself alone with the mess. My consolation being I will rope them in on the cleanup and teach them to be tidy. But that’s hard to do with two-year-old twins. Andy actually fell asleep in a pile of blocks that day with a block in each hand. I had to pry them away from his sleeping self.

As I sat there waiting for that spark of energy, I saw a moth land on the window sill. I jumped up to shoo it out, but my movement must have scared it and it flew in, now landing on the glass door to the backyard. Unfortunately, that door swings in. I still had to catch the moth.

Sneaking up on it with a glass jar, I caught it on the door window. Holding it up, with my hand over the top, I backed up to get around the door, unfortunately, tripping on Andy’s blocks, scattering them all across the room, plus… landing on my foot, very wrongly.

I had to call my neighbor, get the kids up so we could all go to urgent care, and even then, I ended up in a cast for at least six weeks!

It was crazy! But the craziest part, don’t tell, was that now I was justified in hiring a housekeeper, well, for at least six weeks!

Life is good.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321351-Life-is-Good