*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321897-Vics-Escapade
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #2321897
Vic's suspicion leads to something unexpected
Vic's screwdriver chipped away at the last remnants of mortar encasing the brick. One more minute, and he'd be able to wiggle it loose, remove it, and pat himself on the back for coming up with this perfect vantage point to spy on his wife. This woman had tested his patience these past few weeks with his secrecy. Spying was the only recourse since she refused to tell him what was happening.

Just as Vic's hand closed around the brick, a strange vehicle, its engine purring, pulled up the driveway toward the house. Vic's heart skipped a beat, his mind racing with questions.

Vic laid on his stomach and propped himself up on his arms, almost plank, peering through the hole that cast light into the darkened garage. He watched a man get out of a pickup truck. He went to the vehicle's bed, grabbed a box, stacked it on another, and then carried it toward the porch.

Vivian burst through the door with a bright smile as she greeted the man and held the door open for him to enter. Vic's heart plummeted. He lay there waiting as minutes passed, but the man was still inside. He looked down at his wedding ring and twisted it on his finger. I love Viv, and I can't let this stand.

Getting to his feet, he went out the side door and headed to the house to confront them, blood boiling in his veins.

As he reached the truck, the front door opened. Vic ducked behind the man's car.

"I cannot thank you enough. Vic will be shocked when he sees what you've created for him."

"My pleasure. Keep me in mind if you want more in the future."

"I will."

"Great job, Vic," he muttered, planning his undetected escape.

WC: 298


PROMPT: Brick, light, ring
© Copyright 2024 Purple Princess (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321897-Vics-Escapade