*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321907-Dirks-Way
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2321907
Dirk has his own way to go out.
Dirk's Way





Most people believed Dirk Valentine was insane, while some considered his thoughts more humane. Why? They said it was natural, with no electricity, chemicals, or metals needed. The courts had a field day as both sides drew their own conclusions. Of course, the Internet got involved, and once that happened, it became known worldwide.


Historians in the United Kingdom added their two cents, stating it had happened countless times in the past, and not only there, but in other European nations. Asian nations had their own history with Dirk's way.


But history wasn't the question.


The method used was the question.


Inside his small modified cement cell, Dirk sat on the small cot. His last meal, a half-rack of ribs, french fries, and a Coke, sat on a small square wooden table with a small wooden chair in front of it. Dirk stared through the cell's bars as a worker continued his task. He wasn't worried until he spotted the worker's wedding ring. Those memories flooded back.


Losing his wife in a bar fight had incited his rage. His new wife became revenge, and that revenge came in the form of a pre-planned explosion that destroyed the bar and killed everyone inside.


He'd been avenged.


The worker continued his task, and Dirk decided to eat before the existing light gave way. It felt strange having witnesses monitor the worker as he ate, but it didn't bother him. The worker was nearly done when he finished eating. The witnesses remained silent. Dirk took a seat on the cot again. Soon he'd be in the dark.


Dirk set his mind free as the last brick was cemented in place. For Dirk, immurement was his preferred method of execution, and the courts agreed.

© Copyright 2024 Pernell Rogers (arogers270 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321907-Dirks-Way