*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322040-Art-is-seeds
Rated: E · Essay · Writing · #2322040
◑____________◑
Art should be like seeds.
The glamorous word "art" makes it seem extravagant, as if it must be gorgeous and everlasting. I always felt that whatever I created should be valuable, at least to me.
As I journeyed further into self-discovery, I realized that my work wasn't great. My writing felt unnatural and boring. I struggled to find what to say, burdened by the belief that my creations should be the best possible and bring value to the world. I was stuck on this idea for a long time.
Will I ever be great? And then it struck me. The answer didn't matter at all. Why should my writing be great when all I want is to make myself happy? My writing doesn't need to fulfill any purpose. It just needs to be written. This is my journey. If I don't put my work out into the world, I risk losing myself and my voice. Aiming for perfection only leads to indecision; it will never make you a better artist. If creating is your passion, then why not do it?
A seed might seem insignificant. A small thing like that brings nothing new to this life that's already so vibrant with everything else. But why a seed? Because of the life within it, waiting to bloom into this universe. What can a seed become? And if it grows, can it be special? Everything is uncertain, but we believe, and we try until the end. Whether it matters or not, we still do it. That is the beauty of being human – to love this world so much that you'll do anything just to make a better day.
Art is seeds. It will grow into a magnificent tree. The magic is within it; many forms of life are manifested in a single seed. A seed needs soil, water, and sunlight. The artist plants it, takes care of it, and then witnesses the magic. You need to trust the process, believing that your work matters, at least to you, the tortured poet soul, craving true art. You are art, remember this, even when the world seems to say otherwise.
I like seeds, even if others may not. Everything seems so arbitrary when it comes to our perception; everything is just a subjective opinion. So, will that seed matter in this reality? It's a choice, your choice to make something different. It makes the most sense out of what reality has chosen to do. Plant your seeds, gardener. You either create or slowly die due to your procrastination.
© Copyright 2024 Hampent (hamstrous at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322040-Art-is-seeds