*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322263-Three-Thoughts-An-OC-Lore-Story
by Apollo
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #2322263
TW: mentions of suicide, and a lot of murder. This is also going on Archive of Our Own.
Chapter One


Earth was a normal place until the humans ruined it. There were a few who disagreed with the pollution that humans were causing. So, some of the humans, a total of 100,000, decided to find a different place on a different planet. They built a spaceship that would fit all of them and took off into the starry vastness of space. After a few weeks, they found the planet they were looking for. It had beautiful mountains, small and big lakes, and no pollution. They landed and celebrated. Then, they had to think about a name for the country that they were making. They named it 'Society', since they aren't a part of it anymore.
They didn't want anything that happened on Earth to happen on this planet. They made three overall rules that would guide the rest. They wrote them down and made a big billboard for them, based off of the Greeks displaying their laws in the middle of the city. It said, ending off with the Society motto:

"Society shall be based off of 3 key rules:
1. There are strict laws on pollution, littering, and other things that led to Earth's inevitable destruction.
2. People who disobey any law will either be sent back to Earth, sent to a Maximum Security Prison, or executed, depending on the crime.
3. There will be three leaders for three key parts of life. These three are:
Peace. This key part will get rid of the concept of Civil War and establish a non-violent community.
The Public. This key part will get rid of the concept of revolution and establish a peaceful and obedient community.
The Military. This key part will get rid of the concept of contact with other beings from Earth and protects Society from whatever the galaxy can throw at us.
We are not the prisoners of Society, they are."

How the system worked was by the leaders of the Peace and the Public would keep in contact. If the Public was getting rowdy, the Peace would have to try and settle it, usually with propaganda. If it doesn't work, they have to contact the leader of the Military, who sends out soldiers to defuse the tension.
After all of the rules were set, there was a vote to see who would be the leaders of the three departments. Three people were voted: Beth, Rosetta, and Sarge. Beth would be the leader of Peace, since she was obsessed about it as a child. Rosetta would be the leader of the Public, since that's all she ever talked to. Sarge would be the leader of the Military because of his name. Everyone's medical and police records were examined. Beth and Rosetta weren't arrested, but Sarge was for forging legal documents. He forged the medical and police records because if people knew he forged signatures and entire documents, he'd be sent back to Earth. He also had schizophrenia, which is why he forged his medical records.
Everyone was happy. They were in Society on what they'd call 'New Earth'. They had leaders. They had peace.
But not for long.


© Copyright 2024 Apollo (idekplshelp123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322263-Three-Thoughts-An-OC-Lore-Story