*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322484-Flight-Attendant
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Psychology · #2322484
A man seeking vacation courts an in-flight attendant woman and discovers actual haunting.
Ajay knew this flight would somehow change his life. He'd been a capitalism folklore writer in the West (American Homeland) and hoped to unwind from his senses-rich sensitized world-view images of transit and hospitality and fortune-readings paranoia, of pirates and casinos, diamond-mines and robbers, investor-cats and insider-hackers, World Bank woes and Wall-St. saints; and he honestly needed this repose for self-consciousness en-route to his Euro-release to Brussels. He boarded his Air France flight from JFK (NY) and wanted the entire vacation to give him something new in life. He didn't anticipate this 'something-new' would come in the form of a precocious and bubbly flight-attendant (Shelbye) who'd alter his consciousness for Earthling helmets.

SHELBYE: The tuna lunch is what I'd recommend, monsieur.
AJAY: You're very gorgeous, flight-lady; me gathers you're French?
SHELBYE: Half-French, half-Irish, monsieur (thanks).

Ajay couldn't help but notice Shelbye working through the hours that day-sky flight time on the Air France passenger-vessel, where he booked an economy-class seat to simply feel blended into the crowd/population. He noticed her courteousness and charm and sharp-wit and of course her gorgeous appearance and face, and he started to feel like he was falling in-love. He pulled out his two diamond wrist-watches he brought for appraisal in Brussels, hoping to gift her one of them, the one she chose, to court the flight-attendant in the sky.

SHELBYE: I'm to choose one of these treasures, monsieur?
AJAY: Choose the one for you...and join me in Brussels, flight-lady!
SHELBYE: The proposal is excellence; I admit I need a vacation, monsieur.
AJAY: Won't you call me Ajay, Shelbye?
SHELBYE: I could...alright I choose the one on the left (more feminine).
AJAY: I knew it (great).

Ajay drifted into sleep after walking up to Shelbye during the night-sleep hours while most of the passengers on-board slept with the lights turned-low and kissed deeply the flight-attendant he was sure had become the love of his life now. Something changed. During dream-sleep, Ajay dreamt that Shelbye was not a living human woman but a ghost from the grave. She was somehow immersed into the Earth-realm as a walking working girl (flight-attendant). Ajay awoke in a cold-sweat to find Shelbye fixing his blanket.

SHELBYE: You were anxious in-sleep, Ajay darling.
AJAY: I was in-anticipation of our Brussels jaunt, my lady.
SHELBYE: You're sweating, Ajay darling.
AJAY: I can't tell...I'm not psychic...but I feel a stranger premonition.
SHELBYE: I'm not a stranger, man.
AJAY: I suppose you speak the truth; and I guess I need forced normalness.
SHELBYE: Did you dream I was an apparition, Ajay darling?
AJAY: Of course not...life's discreet.
SHELBYE: If you know something ('dark') about me, keep secret.
AJAY: For love's bound, Shelbye?
SHELBYE: You said it...even ghosts seek cleats, no?

====

© Copyright 2024 Abishai100 (abishai100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322484-Flight-Attendant