*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322602-Chapter-2--Real-and-Unreal-MI-B
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Death · #2322602
In this bittersweet world, why is the human suicide rate so low at only 0.02%?
Outside the clinic, Xinru is still waiting alone.

Xinru was anxious and scared because it was almost her turn to see the doctor.

At this moment, Xinru hopes that Wanzhen will come back soon to accompany her to see the doctor.

However, Wanzhen has not been seen for a long time.

Suddenly, someone slapped Xinru on the back, startling her.

"Hi! Cousin, I'm back! Are you feeling bored?" That was Wanzhen, who had just returned from the lower basement of the hospital.

"Well...fortunately you came back in time, otherwise...I might not be able to handle it!" Xinru breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Wanzhen.

"Huh? It's almost time for us to see a doctor!" Wanzhen looked at the waiting situation.

After a while, it was Xinru's turn to see the doctor.

The two entered the consultation room, and the person on duty was Dr. Jiaren.

"Is it Ma Xinru? Is there anything wrong with you?" Doctor Jiaren asked Xinru.

"Ah...I...I...nothing..." When Xinru heard the doctor's question, she was so nervous that she didn't know what to say and became stammering.

"Doctor, she is my cousin. I suspect she has some mental problems." Upon seeing this, Wanzhen hurriedly came to her rescue.

"What's the problem?" Dr. Jiaren turned his attention to Wanzhen.

"My cousin just got divorced a few months ago and is unemployed. She stays at home all day long and is depressed. She often loses her temper and is irritable. She constantly blames herself and feels useless. She is also physically tired and often has no appetite. She can't relax, there are still some delusions and hallucinations from time to time!" Wanzhen then recited the symptoms of depression that she had found earlier.

"Oh, Miss Ma, is this often?" Dr. Jiaren looked back at Xinru.

"Yes...yes..." Xinru replied still nervously.

"Well, according to the preliminary diagnosis, it is suspected that Ms Ma is suffering from depression, and her condition is not serious. Further detailed examination is required." Dr. Jiaren recorded the condition of Xinru mentioned by Wanzhen in the file.

After hearing the doctor's diagnosis, Wanzhen smiled to herself, thinking that her plan was very successful and she could easily deceive professional doctors.

* * * * * * * *

It's night, Ma Xinru's home in Block 6, Cheung Sha Wan Estate.

"Haha... Cousin, I told you that my method was worked!" Wanzhen happily talked to Xinru about today's experience.

"Zhen...you know my heart was beating very hard at that time...I'm still scared now!" Xinru still hasn't calmed down after returning home.

"I just said a few words casually, and it was so easy to hide it from the so-called professional doctors. What else is there to be afraid of?" Wanzhen disagreed.

"But, I'm afraid I won't be able to handle it when the checking comes." Xinru was worried.

"How could that happen?" Wanzhen shook her head.

"I think .. let's forget it." Xinru flinched.

"How is that possible? This hospital is indeed questionable." Wanzhen insisted.

"…”

"Today I accidentally bumped into a gathering place for senior officials. Each of them looked at me with murderous eyes. Although I couldn't understand what they said, I felt it was not a good thing. Only that man among them, named Ryumoto talks a bit like a human being." Wanzhen recalled what she saw in the basement of the hospital.

"Wow! You're talking so horribly, why do you want to send a sheep into a tiger's mouth?" Xinru hearing this, became even more worried.

"Didn't I say that as long as you follow my plan? It's a big hospital after all. Do they dare to kill us in the hospital?" Wanzhen comforted.

"!”

"Don't worry, at worst it will be revealed that we are pretending to be patients," Wanzhen said as a reassurance.

Although Wanzhen said it easily, Xinru was unsatisfied and still felt uneasy.

On April 12, during the re-examination time, Wanzhen dragged Xinru to Dalian Hospital and followed the signs to the B2 floor of the hospital's basement for consultation.

Last time, Wanzhen also visited this floor. This was the second floor of the hospital's basement and the lowest floor. The flow of people was very sparse, giving it a gloomy feeling.

Wanzhen also felt that something was wrong with the atmosphere and immediately became vigilant.

Xinru was even more panicked!

They followed the signs and arrived outside the door of Ward 131.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" Suddenly, a man dressed as a nurse walked out of Room 131 with a fierce look in his eyes, and the two of them were startled.

"...We are here for examination, and this...is a referral note." Wanzhen's reaction was relatively calm, and she immediately handed the note to the male nurse.

"Hmm, is it Ma Xinru?" the male nurse pointed at Wanzhen and asked.

"No...no, Ma Xinru is my cousin." Wanzhen gestured to Xinru who was beside her.

The male nurse turned to look at Xinru. When she came into contact with the male nurse's ferocious gaze, Xinru lowered her head in fear and did not dare to look directly at her.

"Ma Xinru, come with me!" The male nurse led Xinru into Room 131.

Wanzhen wanted to follow her in, but was stopped by the male nurse!

"If I don't accompany my cousin, she... will be nervous and need my care." Wanzhen was afraid that Xinru couldn't handle it, so she hurriedly explained to the male nurse.

"No! There are doctors and nurses taking care of her here. If you go in, it will affect the doctor's diagnosis. Just wait here!" Then, the male nurse took Xinru inside, closed the door, and left Wanzhen alone outside.

Wanzhen was exposed to Xinru's helpless look, but she was unable to help. She felt very guilty and hoped that Xinru could handle it.

Time passed, more than an hour, and Xinru still didn't come out. Wanzhen was waiting outside the ward, feeling uneasy and worried that Xinru might be in danger... But she was afraid of disturbing her plan and did not dare to act rashly.

...Time continued to pass, and after another hour, Wanzhen's uneasiness became more intense, and she began to think wildly. She was even more afraid that Xinru had been in danger, and she walked around anxiously outside the ward... feelings of guilt and fear continued to surge her.

After half an hour more, Wanzhen... finally couldn't bear it anymore.

Pa…pa…pa…pa…

"Open the door! Open the door! Open the door quickly..." Wanzhen decided not to wait any longer and called the door vigorously.

"Hey! What's the noise about?" After a while, the door opened and the male nurse came out again.

"My...cousin has been inside for a long time. I want to know how she is doing. Why she hasn't come out yet." Wanzhen asked immediately.

"The patient needs a detailed examination, which will not be completed so quickly." The male nurse responded in a formal tone.

"Then... I want to accompany my cousin to the examination... She may not be used to it without me, which will slow down the progress. If I accompany her, your examination will be smoother." Wanzhen was anxious and found excuses to explain.

"No! The doctor who is examining the patient now is the chief consultant doctor in the hospital, Ryumoto Taro. He is professionally qualified to diagnose the disease. If you are present, you will disturb his diagnosis and treatment of the patient. Wait here quietly. " Wanzhen once again was turned away by the male nurse.

"Ryumoto Taro?" Wanzhen thought of the person who broke into the conference room to talk to her a few days ago, the name tag says the same name.

"Hmph! Taro Ryumoto seems sanctimonious and upright, but he is probably an accomplice... Ah! He is a key figure in the hospital. Wouldn't it be dangerous for my cousin to see him?" Wanzhen thought for a while, feeling even more worried and panicked.

However, Wanzhen was alone and helpless, with nothing to do. Her mood became heavier and heavier, and she kept wandering nervously outside 131.
© Copyright 2024 patrickcmk (patrickcmk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322602-Chapter-2--Real-and-Unreal-MI-B