*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323150-Bowling-Pally---Winner-Cramp
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Friendship · #2323150
Pals in the bowling alley. Dialogue only story
"Is that your Daddy there?"

"No. I'm with the lady over there, she's my grandma. You want a chocolate? She gave me some."

"Thanks. Hey, how come your grandma gave you so much chocolate? Mine always says sweets rot the teeth and stuff like that."

"It's to keep me quiet, see? She had knee surgery some months ago and isn't supposed to be here. My parents would freak out if they knew she's bowling."

"She's sure good, isn't she? Look at my Dad, he's stopped his own game to watch her. Yeah, I'll have another, thanks. What's your name, anyway?"

"Lee. Short for Mona Lisa. Yeah, my grandma's not the only crazy one in the family. My parents are too. What's your name?"

"Stanley - and believe it or not, I'm called Lee for short, too. Wow, what a strike! She actually puts a curve on the thing, your old woman! Which grade are you in?"

"Fifth. I've tried to tell Mom and Dad I'm too old to be babysat, but grandma, she likes to babysit me because then we can walk over here. I live just over there."

"Ah. So only you know your grandma bowls? Gosh -- she did that BACKWARD? Is she for real, your grandma?"

"Believe me, I've often wondered. Not only about bowling but so many things. She puts ketchup on her ice cream."

"She does not."

"Does. Anyway, never mind that. You were asking who else knows. Well, we pay Elle, next door, to run over and warn us if my parents' car arrives back earlier than we thought. So she knows. Take this one, it has a sort of fizzy centre and it's fun."

"Thanks. Can I have two and put them in my mouth together? Then I'll get double the fizz."

"Sure, but take another flavour. Two flavours together are more fun."

"Thanks. A 300 game! And look at my Dad's face. The only other time he has looked like that is when he looks at his Ford Anglia. He doesn't even look at Mom like that. And he's looking at your grandma!"

"I guess you better warn your Mom that your Dad is in love with my grandma."

"Give me another one before you have to go, now your grandma's finished."

"Finished? She won't be finished for a while yet. She'll go around to everyone here and replay the game strike by strike. This one has nuts in it."

"Nuts. Nuts. My Dad is nuts about your grandma. I'm nuts about your candy."

"My grandpa won't let my grandma marry your father."

"My mother won't let your grandma marry my father."

"I guess we'll have to keep meeting at the bowling alley till we get married ourselves."
© Copyright 2024 THANKFUL SONALI HAPPY WDC 24 (mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323150-Bowling-Pally---Winner-Cramp