*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323799-Totally-80s
Rated: E · Short Story · History · #2323799
Peggy finds the perfect outfit to wear to an 80's party.
Digging through the bin of older clothing, Peggy's excitement zinged when she rested her hand on the houndstooth rayon shorts. The satisfaction of locating the clothing roused a smile, and she dug deeper, her heart racing with anticipation, to retrieve the matching tie and white blouse to complete her look. Her black hat with houndstooth ribbon and a pair of big, dangly earrings were missing.

Determination took hold as she went through additional bins, looking for the two items that evaded her. Just about to give up, she noticed the box in the corner, sitting at the edge of the basement bar. Her mind whirled, wondering if they could be in there, but doubtful as she couldn't see herself putting the items in cardboard. Going through a few more bins and coming up empty, Peggy moved to that cardboard box. Lifting the lid, she saw the black velvet hat sitting there, just waiting to be used again.

She scooped up all the items and headed upstairs to plug in the steamer and freshen up the clothing.

Scott looked up from his chair and shook his head. "Are you really going to wear that?" he asked, standing.

Peggy nodded as she put the blouse on a hanger and plugged in the steamer.

"Of course," she said.

"You don't need to go all out for this one," he said.

Peggy stared at him for a long moment. "It's an eighties party."

Scott laughed, "I'm aware."

"I live in the eighties; it's my favorite decade, and nothing screams eighties more than this outfit."

"Can't argue with that," Scott said, walking away.

Peggy smiled as the steam rolled out of the machine. "Oh yeah, wait til they see me tonight."

WC: 288
© Copyright 2024 Purple Wishing WDC Happy 24th (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323799-Totally-80s