*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323883-A-Mothers-Fear
by Lizzie
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2323883
A new mom is awakened by a sudden, loud noise in the night. for Daily Flash Fiction Winner
Raeni laid down and closed her weary eyes. As a new mom, she was feeling a little sleep deprived. However, tonight her husband was off of work and was on baby duty. She was nervous about not being the one to care for Quinn, but she needed the time away. She just felt guilty about it.

John, Quinn's father, sat up with the baby and watched his wife sleep, tossing and turning. He bounced Quinn on his knee and playfully tickled the child. At nine months, he was active and had discovered a dislike for nap times. John tried to be quiet as he suspected his wife's tossing was his fault.

Finally, around eleven, John decided to put Quinn down for the night and to turn in himself. He changed Quinn, gave him a bottle, and laid him down gently before turning off the lamp. He crawled into bed and wrapped his arms around his wife, calming her in her sleep.

BBBRRRRR came the sound as loud as a freight train.

Raeni jolted awake. "What was that noise? she asked, her voice shaking. "Is the baby ok?"

Even as Raeni started to get up to check Quinn, just to see for herself, John busted out laughing. He knew he could blame Quinn, and she would believe him. But that wasn't the right thing to do.

"Take..a... sniff'" he said between fits of laughter.
c
"You didn't!" Raeni squealed.

'I did, " John admitted sheepishly.

Raeni slowly started to smile, then laugh. John's raunchy fart was to blame. "You need to check your underwear, hon." she giggled. "You just might have done more than pass gas, you know."

277 words
© Copyright 2024 Lizzie (lizzie2694 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323883-A-Mothers-Fear