*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323976-As-You-Sow
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Pets · #2323976
So shall you weep. Dialogue Only Story For Cramp
"What the ..."

"Shhhhh, shhh please, Mom will hear."

"But listen, you can't!"

"I'm going to. Severus can't stay home alone. He has to come with us."

"Listen, nobody is going to welcome a snake to a hotel. Oh, I know, I know, he's harmless, he doesn't bite, he's friendly - but try telling the housekeepers at the hotel that. They'll scream the place down."

"Only if they find out, and they're not going to. Nobody's going to. I'm going to pretend this box contains the seedlings for my science project and I have to water them so they have to come along. Nobody'll know Severus is inside. Please. Do this for your little brother and I'll be your slave for life."

"Little brother? You are taller than I am by now. There's Dad calling. Yes, Dad, I'm getting my bag and coming! Yes, I'm bringing my pesky brother along! Come on, you! All right, all right, I won't squeal to them."

"You kids okay there in the back seat? Nobody's forgotten anything? Picnic basket, luggage, keys, mobile phones, sundry necessities, comforts and luxuries? All set? Here we go!"

"Dear, was that the air coming out of one of the wheels? That hissing sound?"

"I didn't hear a hissing sound. Did either of you hear a hissing sound, at the back there?"

"Hissing sound? No hissing sound. Oh, this pesky brother of mine is trying to whistle. Stop it, bro, don't do that in my ear."

"Listen, there it goes again. Dear, do check the wheels. I'm getting anxious."

"(Grumble grumble) Front left, okay, front right, okay, back right, okay, back left .... yeah, all fine here. You carrying your science project along, are you son? Comfortable holding it on your lap? Why not put it in the boot?"

"No Dad, those seedlings need sunlight."

"Yeah. My brother's seedlings hiss if they're in the dark."

"Don't make jokes about hissing or your Mom'll think there are snakes about."

"Snakes? How can there be snakes, Dad? Don't joke like that. Anyway, when are we getting to the hotel? I'm starving for my lunch."

"You're always starving. One more hiss and your Mom is going to say there's a snake in the car, you watch out. Can't wait to reach the hotel myself."

(An hour later)

"Ah - finally. You check in while I go and park."

"No, no, I'll carry this box myself, thank you, the seedlings have to be kept just so, only I know how to handle it."

"Let my son be, he's crazy about that science project of his. You see, I don't mind indulging him in those. If he were to bring a lizard or something like Alice's son brought ... (shudder)"

"Is this our room? May I keep this science project on this window ledge here?"

"Oh, no, boy, that's a bit loose and it ...."

"FALLS DOWN!"

"What's that hissing? What was that? Something moved! Help!!!"

"Mom, mom, don't faint, Mom! Severus is harmless!"

"Severus? You know the snake's name? You knew your brother had a snake and you didn't tell me? I'll faint just for that!"

"What's going on?"

"Dad, Mom's fainted."

"Why did she faint?"

"My seedlings grew funny. They began to hiss and move around."
© Copyright 2024 THANKFUL SONALI HAPPY WDC 24 (mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323976-As-You-Sow