*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324027-Dear-Inner-Child
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #2324027
I hope this letter finds you well
Dear Inner Child,

I hope this letter finds you well.


It took me a long time to love you
I tried to run away from you
In hopes that I would
Extinguish you from existence
I didn’t realize you would always be a part of me.
It took me a long time to realize I couldn’t run from, me.
And this is my heartfelt apology.

You whispered your dreams
To the sun. And moon. And stars.
Poured out your every wish upon them.
Yet, I extinguished your flame, never one to allow you to shine too brightly.
In fear of rejection as I allowed the opinions of other people
To invalidate your wishes.
Your hopes.
And your dreams of a better future.

You dreamed and wished things that would complete me and make me most happy. And for that I am honored to know you. My most treasured friend. I adore you.

Take my hand mi amor, let me tell you what I couldn’t tell you before.

The world was harder and harsher for you. Always too much of something.
Too beautiful, too small, too big, too willful, too angry, too noisy, too quiet.

These ruminating thoughts play in my mind to this day.

I’m sorry for the times I didn’t listen to you in the moments of despair, when I allowed the world’s noise to drown out your gentle voice. Your words have value, you are cherished, you are cared for and you are loved. Your feelings are valid and your dreams are always worthy.

You are all that I see, in your complexities and Idiosyncrasies. You were never too much; you were always just enough.
They may not have understood you, but I do.
Your beauty, your size, your willfulness, your anger, your noise, and your quietness—every part of you is perfect and wonderfully made. And loved beyond measure.

My friend
I hear you and I love everything about you.

I’m sorry for not listening to your feelings and pushing aside what I deemed “silly dreams”, you deserve… everything.
Your words are worth their weight in gold, you have value, there is value in you.

My friend, I hear you and I love everything about you.

You are so precious to me, you and your everlasting dreams. I promise to hold you close to my heart. We will heal this rift between us and embrace joy and wonder together.
You are safe.
You are my ace.
You are enough.
You are loved.

With all of my love,
Me
© Copyright 2024 ℰ𝒯𝒞... (alwayslove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324027-Dear-Inner-Child