*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324404-Pet-Bathing-Tips
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Animal · #2324404
Baby needs a bath. 300 words
Pet Bathing Tips


Lydia and Nala looked at each other. Water and soap suds were all over the kitchen, in every nook and cranny. Their hair and clothes were sopping wet and ankle-deep in the water from the tipped over wash tub, that had for some mysterious reason pooled near the sink.

“Let’s try this again.”

Nala looked at Lydia and began to giggle.

“What’s so funny?” she asked as she wrung out her hair and clothes.

“Where’s Baby? We can’t try again until we find her!”

Lydia pointed at the wide-open window wordlessly.

“Did you leave that open?”

Nala gasped and ran to the window, leaving a wet trail behind her.

“Oh no! We’ll definitely have to wash her again; she’s rolling in the grass on the lawn that I just mowed an hour ago!”

“Your turn to lure her in,” Lydia insisted.

Nala grabbed her wand and went rushing out the door. The ruckus was terrible, roars and chidings and those were from Nala! Suddenly there was complete silence.

Nala dragged Baby in by one back leg. Lydia was ready. She threw the wash tub of new water and soap over their pet and began scrubbing vigorously with a patio broom while Nala held her down.

Baby began to hum. Fresh rinse water followed, then both women began to dry her off, one with a huge towel and the other with a blow dryer.

By the time they finished, Baby, who was a half-grown large pocket-sized dragon they had adopted from the pound; was fast asleep and blowing bubbles from her snout.

“I guess we better clean up this place,” Nala said with a yawn.

“Tidy up, clean up, make it dry and sparkling. Tidy up, clean up, while we dream,” Lydia recited wearily. They fell asleep instantly.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324404-Pet-Bathing-Tips