*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324550-moondrop-kirbypower-rangers
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fanfiction · #2324550
in where a teenage girl rewrites both the mmpr 30th anniversary comic and the return
chapter one:

we started the chapter on kimberly narrating:

as i look back on my life, i wonder:

"known to one and all as the power rangers." zordon said in the middle of the flashback.

how much of my past shapes who i am today? and how much of who i am today shapes how i see my past?

the two images were of the power rangers fighting eyeguy and of her and tiff kissing and falling in love with one another.

what i do know is that it only takes one moment... to change everything.

"the three teens from angel grove, jason lee scott, zack taylor, and trini kwan. and the single teen from cappy town, tuff ebrum." the news reported announced.

"guys! we're going to switzerland!"

"all four of you?"

"yup!" tiff congratulated her younger brother and her friends on going to switzerland.

"just for the record, we had to learn what switzerland was to tuff." trini told tiff. tiff chuckled.

"congratulations, that's the chance of a lifetime." billy told his friends, smiling at them and giving them a thumbs up.

"but wait, what about the team?" zack told the rest of the team.

"should we transfer our power to new rangers?"

"yeah, trini, we aren't going to let you guys get away with that. the team stays together forever." tiff and billy agreed with kimberly's statement.

sometimes for the better. and sometimes for the worse.

twenty-three years ago, tiff was shown proposing to her girlfriend-turned-wife, kimberly hart, having their wedding ceremony, and then rita repulsa coming to destroy the ceremony, cutting a cake with eyeballs in it.

twenty-two years ago, we are shown a look at the power rangers' futures. jason is a firefighter, trini is in congress, zack is working as a dj, billy works as a lead researcher in chemistry and science in general, tuff now works as a soccer coach for a high school, and tiff and kimberly teaches kids in angel grove about marine biology and gymnastics specifically.

but no matter how hard i try, i always remember the good times, but i always remember the bad times...

"zordon! alpha!"

i know i can't change what happens in my life or what happens in others'

"what do we do now?" trini asked the group.

"we take the fight to them. we end them."

kimberly hart, no, emma phillps, heard a voice from today, calling out her new name, asking her to report to the passport verification counter.

but i can be in control and how i move forward in life. because to persevere is to re-imagine who you are.

chapter two:
twenty-two years ago, the mighty morphin team finally defeated rita repulsa and lord zedd, and saved the world one last time. And then the team broke up. the images first shown the moon, then the power rangers' colors without tiff, the green ranger, teleporting away from the moon and lastly the moon exploding into pieces.

After billy's long speech, he introduced everyone to one of his good friends, zack taylor. everyone cheered and zack told everyone in the crowd that this day was about trini after emma left the crowd.

"yes, i may have been one of the power rangers, but trini was my hero." zack said in the beginning of his speech.

we are shown a flashback of trini and emma's former name, kimberly, talking about kung fu and how they're never know when putties are going to jump them. tuff, zack, and jason were shown working out while billy and tiff talked about whatever was in their brains. trini and kimberly were planning on going to the mall, the park, and then going to get dinner. the end of the flashback.

"i miss you, friend."

in the graveyard, emma was walking up to a gravestone. "kimberly."

"i'm trying to keep a low profile."

"well, you left during the best part."

"i think billy making everyone cry was the best thing about the memorial ceremony. i started to leave when people started to cheer for the famous power ranger."

"ugh, sorry, probably shouldn't told my socials that i was going to be there. you should've come up to say a few words. but hey, billy, tuff, and i are going to grab something to eat."

"i have to get to the airport."

"come on, it's been years and you have saved my life from danger seventeen different times."

"it was actually nineteen. okay fine, i'll come with you three. but just know that my name isn't kimberly hart anymore, it's emma phillips." zack sighed and walked with emma. the next panel shows tiff's grave.

the next scene shows tuff, emma, billy, and zack eating their dinner together. talking about how they missed each other, and then billy said "she missed you."

"i know she did." zack then complained about how he can't tell anyone that trini was a power ranger.

"we all agreed to protect your identities. i would say that i was the power ranger from angel grove and that the other rangers were from all over the world."

"i mean, zack isn't 1% wrong, me and..." tuff sighed remembering that tiff isn't with them anymore. "my sister, we were from cappy town and now look at us, i meant me, just look at me."

"exactly! if you change the story and reveal that one of your friends from angel grove was also a power ranger, how long is it before everyone figures out that all of the rangers were your friends from high school?!"

"would it really be so bad? the pr could give billy and his company a boost. you're living in canada living under a different name. and tuff is now working for a soccer club in his hometown's high school. what is there to lose?"

"nothing!" emma shouted, slamming her hands on the table, making everyone look at her in confusion. "i have nothing to lose. don't you get that? you can't make decisions that affect all of us. you need to move on."

"i think maybe you need to move on."

"okay, maybe we should talk about something else. how about the good that came from zack's big reveal? like the hip-hop kido festival?" emma told them what the hip-hop kido festival was. zack explained what the hip-hop kido festival was, explaining that it's an environmental charity event in tulum.

"that's amazing, what about billy's phone company?" billy then explained what his phone company, or as he put it, telecom company, was about. tuff then told emma about his soccer club. but then emma realized that billy, tuff, and zack used their morphin grids. "this is the exact opposite of what we agreed to twenty-two years ago, no more power rangers."

"does jason know about this whole situation?"

"we need to talk about jason." zack, billy, and tuff talked about where jason was now.

"that's crazy..." emma covered her mouth. "guys, that's awful and i hope jason is doing fine... but i don't know what i can do to help him."

"we know what to do."

"we need to become power rangers..."

"one last time" billy, tuff, and zack said in unison.

"to find jason and bring him home."

once outside of the restaurant, zack and emma started to bicker once more. "i won't be a power ranger ever again."

"some reunion this turned out to be." emma saw tuff, billy, and zack in the background and she clenched her fist. in the taxi, she texted someone with the letter n.

then, the next day in canada, emma heard a knock on the door, from someone who claimed to be the daughter of trini's cousin, sylvia. "it's you, kimberly hart. and you're going to help me become the next power ranger."

chapter three:

the space aliens started to celebrate the death of zordon and his robot butler as they put it, also known as alpha 5. "the power rangers are coming! the power rangers are coming!" one of the henchmen working for rita repulsa and lord zedd, baboo announced.

"right into our trap!"

"as we planned them to. finster, are the monsters ready?" finster told both lord zedd and rita repulsa that the monsters were finished. "good... send them all."

"this is it! no holding back now!" trini said.

"this is for you, zordon and alpha..." billy murmured, almost crying.

"go, go! power rangers" tuff said, raising his fist in the air while in his white zord.

"how can we possibly defeat them all?"

"we don't have to defeat them, zack. we just have to give tiff and kimberly some time!"

"hurry back, rita! you'll miss out all the fun!" lord zedd told his wife before she walked into squatt's bedroom. meanwhile, the pink ranger and the green ranger was running into rita and lord zedd's bedroom talking to billy until they got caught in the middle of the bedroom by rita and her putties.

at the meantime, the rest of the power rangers fought the rest of the putties and space aliens while finster and lord zedd watch them.

now back to the pink ranger, rita repulsa, and the green ranger:

"i must admit that i'm impressed with you rangers. i didn't think that you'd have the guts to kill me," tiff told rita that the device wasn't going to kill her and that it was going to turn her into a good person like them. "ha! even with the death of your precious mentor, you're still weak to do what needs to be done," rita then zapped tiff with her wand and making her fly into the benevolator, breaking the screen of the device. "we will finally conquer the earth! no more command center, or zordon, and finally no more power rang- oh." rita got killed by kimberly's bow and arrow and got stabbed in the heart.

kimberly started to stutter at the death of rita. "you saved me, there was no other way to save my life," tiff explained to her wife. she then looked at the device. "oh dear. guys? can you hear us? i repeat, do you hear us? tuff, billy, zack? anyone?"

"we're a little bit busy here, tiff!"

"what's wrong?" tiff then explained that the remote detonator was damaged and billy told both kimberly and tiff that there was a failsafe, which was the blue button. and lastly explaining that it will self-destruct in 10 seconds.

"10 seconds!?" tiff told her wife that she will be okay. "if you'll be okay, then i will do it. you know, til death do us part? until the end of time... right?"

"no, we will not have another abortion. and we both know why you can't be the one who gets left behind..."

"wait, there's something else." billy started to explain that there are too much dark energy and that the explosion will make a huge dent in the moon the size of angel grove.

"that doesn't matter! we're not beating these things with our zords. we just have to stop them right here, right now." jason exclaimed. "the benevolator is our only hope!"

"i just can't leave you here, tiff..."

"i know but this thing is damaged and i have to make the sacrifice to save you. you made a promise that when you came on this mission, that you will bail when things got too dangerous." tiff and kimberly shared their last confessions and their last kiss on the moon.

"we can't hold on any longer! trini, billy, zack, tuff, we've done everything we can! we need to retreat."

"what about our zords?" zack told jason.

"we have to leave them behind!"

"remember tiff, ten seconds, you can do this!"

"we win! they're retreating victory!" rita cheered and did his evil laugh.

"lord zedd, your wife, uh, rita repulsa. she's dead."

"what?" then an explosion hit the moon as the power rangers, expect for tiff, teleported back to earth.

"oh my nightmare." tuff murmured as the moon exploded. "wait, where's tiff, my big sister? oh no..." tuff and kimberly started to cry, hugging each other from comfort.

"tiff was my wife... and she died, saving the world. i don't know what happened in the last few seconds of her life, but if i was with her, I could've saved her life."

"i'm sorry for your loss, kimberly. what happened after that? what happened to the power rangers?" selena asked the former pink ranger.

"we had save the world, they didn't need us anymore. we became power rangers when we were all teenagers, it was time for us to live a little. so we did."

"it's one thing to move on, it's another to move on to canada, changed your name, and then live all alone in the woods."

"i just need a fresh start, so i ran away. not from being a power rangers, but from being kimberly ann hart all together. selena, I'm sorry but i don't think trini wants you to be the next power ranger. i think that she trusted you to bring this to me so nobody can become the next power ranger. if this thing ever happens to fall into the wrong hands, it would be very dangerous. i'll keep it safe."

"wow! is that your morpher?" selena asked emma about her morpher. emma told her that it used to be her morpher. "kimberly, how did it feel for you to kill rita repulsa? did you enjoy it?"

"now why would you ask that?"

"come on kimberly, you're telling me there wasn't a teensy tiny part of yourself that was relieved when she was gone forever?"

"we didn't go to the moon to kill them, it was just a malfunction, that's all."

"do you, kimberly hart, think that there would be another person like rita repulsa or lord zedd? do you think the world needs the power rangers again?" emma disagreed with those statements, looking at selena. "are you sure?" selena smirked as a light came from the pink pterodactyl. "how about now?!" selena held emma's former morpher and a violent explosion broke the windows and lighting in emma's cabin.

"no..." emma covered her mouth in shock and then knocked the pterodactyl morpher from out of selena's hands.

"ha! that's going to take more than that to hurt me, kim! i've been waiting so long for this.," a car pulled up to the driveway. "i see we're about to have a surprise guest. a secret lover, perhaps? well no matter the case, i can't wait to meet them!" emma then ran to her morpher to power up.

"it's morphin time! pteroda-" emma then got hit by rita's wand.

"no, i don't think it is morphin time..." a young girl got out of the black vehicle and into her and her mother's cabin.

"i'm home. huh, why are all the lights off? oh my nightmare... mom?!" the girl worried about her mother.

chapter four:
"kimberly. she's waking up."

"jason?!"

"are you okay, kim?"

"i think so..." said emma. she told the rest of the group where they were before selena said that it hurted her feelings that emma didn't recognized her birthplace.

"i mean, after all, this is where you killed my family." emma screamed selena's name and then zack told her that she knows that witch, the witch being selena, of course.

"she told me that she was related to trini and her cousin!"

"she was lying!" selena told that it was obvious that she was lying and she finally revealed that she was the daughter of both rita repulsa and lord zedd. emma punched the forcefield. tuff told her that they all tried it already.

"the forcefield would be fantastic if we weren't the ones trapped behind it." emma then told selena how she find all of the power rangers, billy told the group that she must've tracked the power coins.

"and it was all child's play," selena then told the team her whole plan on how she got the power coins. "and now here you all are, for one last together. i'm going to personally help you with the whole little no more power rangers thing. though i have to confess a little something, i'm not the one going to kill you... my mother is!"

"rita repulsa is still alive?!"

"i can understand the surprise you have, kimberly. after all, before the whole catastrophe that happened with your wife and the explosion of the moon, you were the one who shot through the back with an arrow. rather cowardly of you, don't you think?" selena told the rangers about her mother being resilient until she got cut off by billy who said that the benevolator was supposed to cleanse everything with the morphin grid energy. "You blew up the moon, killing everyone... except for rita. and now i'm able to get my mother back." jason asked her how she will get rita back before a voice answered:

"with my help. greetings power rangers." tuff and zack then told them that it's impossible for finster to be alive.

"impossible to believe he's such a coward that he would hide from the blast in his vault? ha! don't overstimulate him."

"the reinforced walls kept me intact, for more or less." he then told the story about how he stayed alive. the power rangers then commented on the story and how gross it was. emma then told finster what he was working on. finster told the power rangers what the machine was and what it did. "and it's all powered by your own little power coins. and now that i have all of them, i finally have enough power for my mother to return."

emma then asked selena a question about how she survived the attack of the moon since she could've been a child at the time. "my mother saved me... she saved the last of her strength to magic me into earth."

a flashback to twenty two years ago when the fight between the space aliens and the power rangers took place on the moon. "remember tiff, ten seconds! you can do this, good luck!"

"got it, okay guys. it's time to get clear. i'm ready."

"mama?" a toddler selena asked?

"huh?"

"mama? no mama?"

"are you, her dau-" tiff asked while covering her mouth before she got cut off by finster.

"selena!" finster then saw rita's unconscious body and screamed for the putties to attack tiff.

"wait no, i can help her!" the putties punched and kicked tiff until her head hit the blue button. finster muttered that the putties are going to lose. "no! finster, get back here and call the putties off! let me get her out of here!" tiff then gotten jumped by the putties and removed her communicator, giving it to the toddler.

"tiff..."

"rita?! what are you..." rita used her magic and then the screen turn black.

"the last thing that my mother did was save my life. and now i get to save hers. and finally we can complete her life's work and take over a defenseless earth. now finster, i'm ready..."

"powering up the machine, my master."

"i'm here mother, do you hear me?" the power rangers talked to one another about what they should do.

"it will be okay, trust me." emma said to the team.

"mother, i feel you..." selena said as she started to tear up. but then the machine stopped working.

"the machine will only work if we have unimpeded access to the morphin grid..."

"that's impossible! i have the power coins from the five rangers."

"there were six rangers. and there were six power coins."

"who are you talking about? tiff? her power coin was destroyed in the blast!"

"but tiff's coin was even in the moon. she wasn't morphed."

"she's telling the truth, selena!" finster told his master.

"what are you doing tiff?" a new flashback from the past showed up after kimberly and tiff talked to each other and had their last kiss.

"take my morpher, just in case... i'll use my communicator to teleport back, and if i don't come back, you'll know who to give it to when they're ready."

"tiff wasn't morphed because she gave her power coin to me!" emma said as she crossed her arms.

"selena! my sensors show me that a sixth power coin has been activated!" finster told his master and selena screamed at emma where the sixth power coin was.

"selena repulsa? i would like you to meet nyota hart-ebrum... my daughter."

chapter five:
the daughter of kimberly and tiff was searching for the dragon power coin. "ah! there it is! so, i guess that it's morphin time?" the young lady questioned before she morphed into the green ranger and teleported to the moon palace. "i think i'm going to be sick..." nyota said, cramping her stomach. her mother screamed her name. "mom!" nyota said with the group, except for tuff since he is nyota's uncle, being surprised that kimberly and tiff had a kid. selena ran up to nyota and attacked her, making her drop the dragon dagger.

"if my hypothesis is correct, it's powerful enough to disrupt this forcefield." billy told his friend. she broke the forcefield, freeing her friends.

"you and tiff had a baby? why didn't you tell any of us?"

"i wasn't!" kimberly told jason.

"sorry to interrupt but, we have trouble!" zack told the team as the putties began walking to the former power rangers.

"we have to help nyota!" kimberly exclaimed as the team posed.

"you have to go help her, kim..."

"we'll be right behind you!" zack and jason said as they and billy fought the putties.

"we need to take these putties out quickly so we can help kim and her daughter to defeat selena!" jason told the men as he gave a putty a little kick to the stomach.

"your daughter may have the power, kimberly. but she will never have the skill to defeat me!" selena told nyota's mother as kimberly ran to her and told selena that she has the genes to defeat her before she got hit on the head by Selena's hand, hitting the floor. "i should thank you for coming here, nyota. you delivered me the one thing that i need to bring my mom back to me... your father's power coin!"

selena walked to finster, telling him that it's time to activate the machine. "this can't be happening..." kimberly was shocked as nyota curled up her hands into a fist and punched selena, screaming that it's not happening.

"hey, why didn't it stop working?" nyota asked, scratching her head. "what the heck just happened?" nyota once again asked with a shadow of a lady that looked like her other mother and kimberly's wife. and it was. kimberly and tuff were sobbing, all the while covering their mouths. "mom...?" it was tiff but with dark blonde hair going down her neck. the group hugged her, with her asking how long she was gone for.

"it really is you... there's so much that i need to tell you, but first..."

"damn it!" selena screamed, she said that was the last of finster's magical clay and that was supposed to be her mother and not tiff.

"tiff, she has the..."

"saber-tooth tiger!" selena then morphed into the second yellow ranger. "tiff ebrum! i'm going to finish what my mother started!" she blasted off a beam of light with her mother's wand.

"we can't lose tiff again!"

"oh but you will!"

"for years i stood here watching you destroy my putties, monsters, and my home! and i am done watching!" finster said, swinging a sword at the team, with nyota saving her mom's life.

"we can't beat selena and finster like this, nyota!" nyota agreed and asked what can they do. "come on, kiddo, let's go save my wife, your uncle, and the rest of the team."

"tiff ebrum, you took everything away from me! everything!" selena was going to kill kimberly's wife until kimberly, now morphed, saved tiff's life.

"hey, leave my wife alone!" tuff is glad to see his older sister's wife back in action with billy reminding him about the current situation that they're in with mega finster.

"you fools think that one power ranger can k-" nyota stabbed finster with the dragon dagger and he fell.

"hey guys, i am nyota. super excited to finally meet you. oh and... here you go, a little something for you four." jason, zack, billy, and tuff have morphed, with tuff having the color purple instead of white. the team commented on selena wearing trini's suit.

"five rangers against one? this will be a walk in the park! right?" billy wasn't sure if it was going to be easy. nyota got blasted and got knocked back. tiff told her if she was okay and asking how long she has been a power ranger.

"about ten minutes."

"ten minutes?"

"here mom, take this. they need you! they always need you!" tiff was questioning who this girl calling her mom is. "nyota ebrum, by the way."

"well, welcome to the ebrum family. but for now, it's morphin time! dragonzord!" tiff morphed into the green ranger once more. "hey guys, what did i miss?"

"nice to have you back, tiff!" tuff smiled under his helmet.

"the true green ranger. finally, the gang's all here!" selena blasted zack and billy off and she used her evil magic to choke tiff. "if i can't have my mother back... i will have my revenge!" kimberly drew her power bow at selena and told her that she will kill her once and for all.

"listen to what you're saying, mom!" nyota screamed, crying for no reason whatsoever.

"kim, we aren't going to kill anyone at all. wait selena!? you're rita and zedd's daughter?!" tiff then explained that the reason why she is alive is because of selena's mother. selena didn't believe it in the slightest.

"this isn't over, power rangers!" selena disappeared.

"okay, can you guys tell me what's going on now?"

back at angel grove, the team looked at pictures of the past. "I feel like i've been gone for a couple of days, but i missed so much." tiff said, looking at the pictures with her wife and daughter. "now that the world needs no power rangers, i don't know who i am anymore."

"hey, who said anything about no power rangers?" kimberly explained why she made the power rangers break up, because she was lost without her wife. "i was ready to kill selena just to protect our family. but that's not who we are in the slightest. we just need to find her and help her. "it's just that, the power rangers don't need me, at least on the front lines," kimberly gave nyota her morpher, saying that pink is much more her color. "hey tiff and tuff, why don't you train my daughter?"

"we'll be honored to!" tuff and tiff agreed.

"but what about zack, billy, and jason? selena is there out there with trini's morpher. we need all the help we can get." tuff asked. zack, billy, and jason answered the question that the purple ranger made.

"this is incredible, mom, the power rangers are back! and all we need is a command center."

now back to selena, she screamed for her mother's name after saying that she was so close to having her back. "who the hell are you... and where is zordon?" a mysterious white ranger asked selena.
© Copyright 2024 galacticeclipse (galacticstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324550-moondrop-kirbypower-rangers