*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325130-Girls-Cant-Do-It
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Nature · #2325130
Park Ranger Blythe meets an MCP 300 words
Girls Can't Do It


“Hey!” came a voice from somewhere down the cliff.

Blythe came to her knees and moved carefully to the edge. She looked straight down. A young man was sitting on a ledge holding one leg.

“Do you need help?” she asked.

When he looked up and saw who it was, he blushed crimson.

“Get somebody strong to get me up to the top. I think I broke my leg.”

“I’ve gotcha!” Blythe replied as she radioed for the Parks Rescue chopper.

She took the safety rope off her shoulder, pitoned one end to a rock, tied a loop in the other, and began to lower herself down to the ledge.

When she landed, she got out her first aid supplies and began to treat him. He kept trying to wiggle away, muttering.

“Look, whatever your name is, I’m a trained park ranger!”

“You’re a park ranger, I don’t believe you!”

Blythe pulled out her ID and showed him.

“It could be fake.”

“It could be, but it isn’t. What’s your problem?”

“Name’s Earl. I firmly believe men are just better at certain jobs.”

Blythe gave him a shot of painkillers in a manner unlike her usual one. The sound of rotors and rushing wind made her reach out for the hanging stretcher that appeared beside her. She wrestled Earl into it and strapped him down.

She signaled the pilot. Balanced on the sling, and they both went up. Once they were inside , she got him into the fixed rack made for the stretcher then took a flip-down seat beside it. Earl strained to see.

“You’re all women?” he said incredulously.

“If you want to wait for men,” the pilot said politely “I can drop you into the forest...”

Earl kept his mouth shut after that.


© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325130-Girls-Cant-Do-It