*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325166-Angelina-Ballerina
Rated: E · Monologue · Writing · #2325166
A childhood favorite of mine
So I was originally gonna call this “My Fourth Entry”, followed by a cheesy catch phrase, but I decided to just be frank and state what this is about: Angelina Ballerina. Who remembers the books? Who remembers the shows? I watched both shows, and I gotta say I like the classic version better. The CGI version has a super whiny Angelina, and why are there no cars? Somebody better tell me what timeline the CGI one exists in! Because they somehow still have wired phones, but modern radios! No cars, quaint shops, and an electric keyboard toy!?! (watch the episode).
COME. ON. PEE. PLE.
What do you think small towns look like? Do you they they’re stuck in the 19th century? Ain’t no way a town’s got wall phones, no computers, no internet or TV but are still like ‘oh look at us we are so modern look at us we got a hip hop kid ya’ll!”
Well according to your wacky timeline, hip hop aint happenin’ for another 50 years!
(And let me just remind you that the classic Angelina series had cars, buses, ships, radio, but no TV. Why? BECAUSE IT WAS SET IN THE NINETEEN FORTIES!!!)

But I’m not gonna rag on them. The CGI version had, pretty dresses I guess—nah classic’s dresses were better. Angelina was more developed. Ms. Lily was awesome (admit it. We all wanted her as a teacher). Priscilla and Penelope were the villains you love to hate, and William…well…you know you had a crush on William.
Who else thinks Paramount should make an Angelina Ballerina movie? Any takers?

(BTW I wrote nearly this whole thing on my phone, and published it from a library computer)
© Copyright 2024 Butturbug (butturbug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325166-Angelina-Ballerina